We’re Hutch, a mobile games developer & publisher with studios in central London, Dundee and Canada. Our mission is to build the most diverse and engaged automotive gaming community on mobile. Our games have been played by over 300 million people, with new titles in development.
We believe in putting our people first. Here you can make games without sacrificing quality time with family and friends. We strive to ensure our people are happy and healthy.
Our teams are small and empowered, they have the independence to take on creative and technical challenges together, to work collaboratively, to make great games and have fun along the way.
We believe in; Looking after our people, small empowered teams, complete transparency, test-learn-repeat, community at the core and the freedom to focus on what truly makes a difference to our players.
We’re driven by our players! Come and Join the mission!
Data Protection Assistant | Compliance | London
Hutch is looking for a Data Protection Assistant to join our studio in London.
This role is part of the Legal & Compliance function at the heart of a fast-moving digital company that is constantly striving to foster an environment that facilitates innovation whilst keeping pace with developments in data protection law.
As the Data Protection Assistant at Hutch, you will work closely with the Data Protection Manager & Legal Counsel to support the company’s compliance efforts both internally and externally. You will be integral to supporting the annual compliance cycle at the same time as supporting the teams with ad hoc and project specific queries, in time becoming their trusted point of contact on data protection questions.
For candidates interested in and/or with experience of contracts, there is also scope to support the Legal Counsel on contractual data protection matters (legal experience is not a prerequisite).
This varied role will suit someone with a commercial outlook, knowledge or interest in EU/UK data protection regulation and an appreciation of the evolving wider regulatory landscape. This is a newly created role to meet the increased demands on the business, and there are options for progression.
- Preparing and updating internal documents for data protection compliance.
- Monitoring and assisting with data subject requests.
- Identifying data protection needs and working collaboratively to find solutions.
- Assisting the Data Protection Manager with the implementation of training programmes.
- Monitoring and reporting on key regulatory developments.
Reviewing and advising the teams on data protection clauses in contracts (optional).
- An understanding of or interest in UK/EU data protection and compliance
- Appreciation of the need to balance compliance with commercial interests
- Familiarity with typical office systems (Google Docs/Sheets, MS Word/Excel, etc)
- Good organisational and prioritising skills
- A good communicator (both written and verbally) and able to work with people of all levels
- Methodical and able to establish clear tracking/reporting
- Curious and keen to learn (especially if not from a mobile free-to-play background)
Desirable but not essential:
- Experience of OneTrust (our compliance software), or similar
- Experience of the games industry and/or an interest in video games
- Basic knowledge of compliance management standards/tools/methodologies