Mayday is creating the first truly smart calendar that learns what's important, so your schedule always reflects your priorities. It helps you focus on the things that matter while avoiding the things that don’t.
We’re on a mission to help people make the most of their time. We want to help everyone create more balance in their workday, combat burnout, schedule smarter, and ultimately be more effective with how they spend their time.
Founded in 2019, we’re a remote-first startup based in Toronto, Canada. Our team consists of like-minded designers and engineers, who all share a passion for building purposeful products that help people make better use of their time.
Mayday offers a refreshing change to startup and corporate culture, and we’ve created an internal culture that is just like the product build we’re building; We don’t believe in endless meetings or hustle culture that results in burnout. We take time seriously so we are laser-focused on our teams investing their time wisely — to own, lead, teach, learn and improve.
When you join us, you can expect:
- Competitive compensation + attractive stock options
- Four-day work week for work-life balance and employee well-being
- Flexible hours and location as a remote-first company
- Work alongside diverse — gender, ethnic and cognitive — teammates
- A supportive, people-first culture and mindset
- A voice at the table to create constructive change and work on purposeful products
- Time dedicated to learning and professional development
- A stipend for the best hardware and home office improvements
Our ideal candidate has:
- You have 3+ years of professional work experience developing, constructing, testing, and maintaining architectures and large-scale data storage
- B.S. in Engineering, Science, Mathematics, Statistics or Computer Science. Equivalent experience also considered.
- You have proficiency with
- You have past experience with
AWScoupled with a strong sense of cloud architecture
- You have past experience with a data warehouse such as
- You have an understanding of best practices in data pipeline (ETL/ELT) creation with respect to data structures and data warehouses
- You're meticulous about your documentation habits with an eye for being thorough
- You have an understanding of best practices in Agile and Mobile Development
You are enthusiastic about seeking out and experimenting with the latest in cloud architecture
You have past experience working with Graph Databases (like
You have an ability to recognize how your code is broken down by the underlying systems and an ability to write unit tests for maintainability
You are passionate about helping to build a new product and team from the ground up
You have a willingness to learn, grow, and collaborate with mentor others
How you’ll make an impact
In one month, you will...
- Understand the business case for data at Mayday and start building the foundation for stakeholders requirements
- Gain an understanding of our current data governance process and standards
- Develop and optimize existing and new data pipelines
In three months, you will...
- Design and implement data pipelines to monitor, validate model assumptions and performance adhering to best-in-class coding standards
- Identify and troubleshoot technical issues as they arise with an entrepreneurial mindset, and provide scalable resolution with follow-through
- Create and update ETL specifications and supporting documentation
- Design and code the data warehousing system according to business requirements and specifications
In six months, you will...
- Develop and optimize existing and new data products
- Work on ad-hoc projects that leverage multiple internal and external sources of data such as sales, cost, digital analytics, loyalty, driving patterns, etc.
- Work with IT and business stakeholders to influence decision making with data and data products
Apply to Mayday
If you’re passionate about helping to build a new product and team from the ground up, we invite you to apply. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a purpose-driven team and do meaningful work - giving people the gift of time!
Our interviewing process is simple and straightforward. If your background is a strong fit for the role, we will schedule an interview via Zoom. From there, you’ll meet 2-3 other team members to learn more about the role, culture and benefits.
Mayday is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and value the diversity of the people we hire and serve. Diversity at Mayday means fostering a workplace in which individual differences are recognized, appreciated, respected and responded to in ways that fully develop and utilize each person’s talents and strengths. All are welcome here!