As the Data Engineer at Digible, you will be responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining our data pipeline, ensuring that data is properly collected, processed, and analyzed to inform business decisions. You will work closely with cross-functional teams in order to understand their data needs and ensure that our data infrastructure supports those needs. You will also be responsible for ensuring the integrity and security of our data.
Privately owned and operated, Digible was founded in 2017 with a mission to bring sophisticated digital marketing solutions to the multifamily industry. We offer a comprehensive suite of digital services as well as a predictive analytics platform, Fiona, that is the first of its kind.
At Digible, Inc. we love to celebrate our diverse group of hardworking employees – and it shows. We pride ourselves on our collaborative, transparent, and authentic culture. These values are pervasive throughout every step of a Digible employee's journey. Starting with our interviews and continuing through our weekly All Hands Transparency Round-up, values are at the heart of working at Digible.
We value diversity and believe forming teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds and different industries to apply. Come join us and find out what the best work of your career could look like here at Digible.
What you’ll do:
- Design and implement scalable data pipelines, including data ingestion, transformation, and integration.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand data requirements and develop data models aligned with Digible's business goals.
- Build and maintain ETL/ELT workflows using dbt (Data Build Tool) and Prefect to transform raw data into structured datasets for analysis, reporting, and sustainability tracking purposes.
- Implement data quality controls and validation processes to ensure the accuracy and integrity of Digible's data.
- Monitor data pipelines, perform debugging and troubleshooting, and implement proactive measures to ensure data availability, accuracy, and efficient resource utilization.
- Optimize and tune data pipelines for performance, scalability, and reliability.
- Stay up to date on the latest advancements in data engineering technologies, tools, and best practices, and propose their adoption when they align with Digible’s objectives
You should have:
- Proven experience as a Data Engineer or similar role, with a strong understanding of data engineering concepts, data modeling, and database systems.
- Cloud experience (i.e. AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.)
- Proficiency with Git and source control
- Proficiency with data transformation and modeling tools (i.e. dbt, dataform, PySpark, etc.)
- Strong programming skills in Python and familiarity with related libraries and best practices.
- Experience with SQL and working knowledge of relational databases and/or columnar databases.
- Familiarity with data orchestration techniques and tools (i.e. Prefect, Dagster, Airflow, AWS Glue, etc.)
- Data Warehouse Experience (i.e. BigQuery, Snowflake, Redshift, etc..)
- Knowledge of data warehousing concepts and dimensional modeling.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, with the ability to work in a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
- Familiarity with Docker
- Experience with marketing and advertising API's & data (i.e. Google Suite, Facebook, etc.) is a big plus
- Application experience of CI/CD implementations is a plus
- Passion to make an impact and do some awesome work.
Digible's Core Values
Authenticity: The commitment to be steadfast and genuine with our actions and communication toward everyone we touch.
Curiosity: The belief that a deep and fundamental curiosity (the "why") in our work is vital to company innovation and evolution.
Focus: The collective will to remain completely devoted and ultimately accountable to our deliverables.
Humility: The recognition and daily practice that "we" is always greater than "I".
Happiness: The decision to prioritize passion and love for what we do above everything else.
Pay, perks, and such:
- Annual Salary of $80,000 - $120,000 depending on level, breadth and years of experience
- 4 Day work week (32 hour per week)
- WFA (Work From Anywhere)
- Profit Sharing Bonus
- We offer 3 weeks of PTO as well as Sick leave, and Bereavement.
- We offer 11 paid holidays (New Years Eve, New Years Day, MLK day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Day before Thanksgiving, Thanksgiving, Day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and Christmas)
- 401(k) + 5% employer match
- 50% employer paid health benefits, including Medical, Dental, and Vision.
- We provide $75/ month reimbursement for Physical Wellness
- We provide $75/ month reimbursement for Mental Wellness
- $1000/year travel fund for employees who have been with Digible 3+ years
- Monthly subscription for financial wellness
- Dog-Friendly Office
- Paid Parental Leave
- Company Sponsored Social Events
- Company Provided weekly lunches and snacks for in office employees
- Employee Development Program