Only considering candidates who are eligible to work in the UK ⚠️
The bank that’s leading the fintech charge!
We’re not like the rest. We’re true innovators, and we’re redefining what a bank should be. Ours is a bank for today and the future, a mobile-first bank. Forget the stuffy branches, with Atom you can bank whenever, wherever, faster, and simpler.
Could you be the next innovator to join us?
What’s it all about?
Insight and Intelligence drives Atom. The Insight and Intelligence team leverage Big Data technologies to maximise the returns from our data assets, by providing MI, exploratory analysis and predictive models which shape and deliver strategies in pricing, direct marketing, product optimisation, credit risk, fraud; help Atom Bank demonstrate that it is meeting its regulatory requirements and providing direct assistance to customers in their day-to-day banking activities.
As a Data Catalogue Analyst at Atom, you’ll a pivotal role in ensuring the integrity, discoverability, and quality of Atom’s data assets. You will oversee the collection, storage, and management of metadata within our data platform, as well as creating and maintaining lineage within our data catalogue, ensuring that data consumers can easily trace the origins and transformations of data throughout our data pipelines.
What will your ‘typical’ day look like…. (Different that’s for sure):
- Develop and implement strategies for collecting, storing, and managing metadata within our data catalogue.
- Collaborate with data engineers, data scientists, and business users to implement data governance policies and procedures.
- Monitor data quality metrics and proactively identifying and addressing data quality issues.
- Contribute to the documentation of our data catalogue and data governance processes.
- Develop and implement data quality dashboards and reports to provide insights into data quality trends.
- Contribute to the monitoring and observability of data quality, ensuring that our data remains accurate, consistent, and reliable.
What do we need from you?
- STEM degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience working within data management, data science engineering, data governance or data quality.
- Knowledge of data lineage tools & methodologies.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong understanding of data catalogue technologies and principles.
- Proficiency in SQL and familiarity with data warehousing concepts.
What’s in it for you?
- 4 Day Working Week
- Flexible hybrid & remote working
- Annual Share Option – Company performance related
- Incredibly generous company pension scheme (maximum of 13% of Atom input – candidate can put in more)
- ‘All About Me’ fund: £200 per year to spend on personal development
- 22.5 days holidays + 8 statutory days (rising by half a day with every 2 years in the company)
- Private Medical Insurance for you and full family
- Health Cash Plan – expenses paid on Optical/Dental/other appointments/treatments
- Enhanced Parental Leave
PLEASE NOTE: You must have the legal right to work in the UK to apply for this role as Atom bank are unable to support Visa Applications/Sponsorship
Atom is an equal opportunities employer. We value you as an individual and therefore disregard race, religion/belief, gender, sexual orientation, maternity/pregnancy, age, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership and disability in any hiring decisions we make. Atom will always adhere to the Equality Act 2010.
All roles within Atom must adhere to the Conduct Rules as set out by the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
As part of Atom bank’s commitment to the FCA’s Consumer Duty, Atom will, take all reasonable steps to avoid causing foreseeable harm to customers, take all reasonable steps to enable customers to pursue their financial objectives and act in good faith.