Customer Success Manager
On January 1, 2021, we returned to 100% compensation for all employees and made the permanent switch to four-day workweeks.
Posted 3 weeks ago
Feathr provides a modern digital marketing software solution for associations, nonprofits, credit unions, and event organizations. We unify our customer's marketing efforts with our platform including website analytics, targeted digital advertising, influencer marketing, and more. We help these organizations adopt modern digital marketing technologies and best practices to promote their programs, and drive more engagement to their efforts.
Our people are what make the difference. We’re looking for a unique individual who will dive right in, develop deep empathy for our customers, and accelerate Feathr's growth!
Customer Success Manager
Compensation: $80,000 OTE
4-day work week; Health, dental, vision; Summr and Wintr breaks; paid vacation + Unlimited sick time.
Feathr is a customer-centric organization, meaning we aim to align all of our teams around our customers to understand and provide what they need to be successful. We're looking for a Customer Success Manager (CSM) to work with our Small and Midsize Business (SMB) and Mid-Tier customer accounts to ensure they have access to all necessary Feathr features to meet their needs. The CSM acts as the primary Feathr point of contact for each of the customers assigned to them. A CSM’s utmost responsibility is to help customers see value in their Feathr license, renew on an annual basis, and expand usage of the platform.
This position is a part of our Customer Success (CS) team, which is composed of a Director, a Manager, Team Leads, and Customer Success Managers. We frequently collaborate with the Support and Managed Services teams.
- 2+ years of Business to Business (B2B) Account Management, Customer Success, or Sales experience
- Experience managing a large volume of customer accounts (70+ accounts)
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Highly organized with detail-oriented time management and prioritization skills
- Comfortable with a team-based startup mentality, meaning proactively working together to “figure it out as we go”
- Customer Success genes – ability to speak knowledgeably and authentically with customers, acting as a “trusted advisor”
- Sales genes – Confidence in guiding customers through a purchasing process, handling objections, and asking for the close. These are existing customers, so much warmer than pure new business sales, but it is still a sales process
- Fast learner who enjoys enhancing their knowledge base
- Friendly, positive demeanor and ability to build a connection with customers virtually
- Ability to listen actively to an interpret customer interactions in real time
- Learn and maintain a deep knowledge of Feathr to speak with customers about the features/uses most relevant to their specific marketing needs.
- Build and sustain long-term relationships with customers to understand their priorities and increase annual customer retention.
- Conduct regular check-in calls with customers to review and improve their platform usage and adoption with current products. Be ready to overcome objections and advocate the value of Feathr products.
- Identify customer expansion opportunities based on needs and lead the sales cycle (from planting the seed to closing the deal) for those opportunities. A portion of sales will be mid-contract, while others will coincide with customers’ annual license renewals.
- When necessary, guide customers through an evaluation process for annual license renewals and potential product expansions.
- Manage a portfolio of 120+ SMB/Mid-Tier customers w/an overall value of ~$800k.
- Develop a strategy to meet and exceed quarterly goal of 105%+ net retention and 90%+ gross retention
- Base + Commission: varies based on total account contract value
- Base: $50k
- Expected OTE: $80k
After operating remotely throughout the pandemic for over a year, returning to the office briefly, then transitioning back to remote work, Feathr has made the exciting decision to officially move to a flexible work model. While Feathr is headquartered in Gainesville, FL, this opportunity is open to candidates located within the U.S. who are located in Eastern or Central timezones.
Feathr is headquartered in Gainesville, FL. We prioritize local Gainesville candidates, but are open to accommodating fully remote candidates in the Eastern and Central timezones. If you aren’t familiar, Gainesville is a hip mid-sized city with a talented, innovative population, incredible surrounding nature, and excellent quality of life.
As a part of our commitment to creating a fair, equitable, and positive interview experience for all candidates, we offer full transparency of our interview stages to give applicants an idea of the time and effort involved. Additionally, each interview stage consists of standardized questions and rubrics with a scoring system to ensure a consistent and fair assessment practice of all candidates.
Application Screen- The Talent Acquisition Team reviews and follows up with all applicants. Candidates at this stage are assessed based on the requirements outlined in the job post.
Information Screening - The Talent Acquisition Lead will follow up with a few questions via email to candidates that move forward. These questions will be focused on relevant work experience, compensation, role overview, and answering any questions the candidate has.
Work Assignment - Candidates will be given 3 days to complete a project that is relevant to the work they can expect in the role. The completion of the assignment should not take more than 1 hour.
Hiring Manager Interview - The hiring manager will review the work assignment with the candidate to learn more about their thought process and offer feedback on their project.
Panel Interview - 1 hour interview with three key members of the team. This interview will dive deeper into the role, technical knowledge, and requirements of the position.
Reference Check - At this time, we will reach out to candidates’ references. This is also the opportunity for candidates to provide any additional information or context if there are concerns surrounding their background check. Feathr believes candidates that have made it to this point in the interview process are truly talented individuals, and so we are open to dialoguing background screens before turning away candidates that have consistently excelled through the interview process.
Offer- The Talent Acquisition Specialist will reach out with the details of the offer to discuss with the candidate. After all the details of the informal offer are finalized, the candidate will receive their formal offer. At this time, we will run the background check.
If you require accommodations or assistance during the application or interview process due to a disability, please submit a request via this Candidate Reasonable Accommodation Request Form.
Benefits & Perks
We love our Flock and the work they do! But let’s be honest, life isn’t just about work. So we created a perks and benefits package that aims to help our team grow by including their wellness, families, passions, and personal time.
4 day workweek
Full vision and dental, 99% health insurance
Flexible Work Schedule
Unlimited sick time for when you need to take care of your physical or mental health
10 PTO days upon hire, additional PTO days available with tenure
Extended Summr + Wintr Breaks
Wellness Reimbursement Credit
Home Office Stipend
Professional Development Budget
- Team hangouts and events
You can read more about Feathr's decision to move to a 4-day workweek here.
Feathr defines culture as the secret sauce that makes our flock members want to come to work everyday and do their best work. Like every company, we have an acronym that conveys the most important aspects of the culture we strive to have.
Practicality: Am I incrementally improving something or delaying perfection?
- Ambition: Am I staying in my comfort zone as opposed to learning and communicating what is necessary to solve
the real challenges?
Clarity: Is my audience understanding what I’m communicating?
Trust: Am I being sincere and trusting others to do the same?
- Service: Am I expecting more from myself than from others?
This acronym is only as useful as the integrity of the people who reference it and believe in it. Every person at Feathr will face challenges, the most important quality is a commitment to work through those challenges with self-awareness and honesty.
Feathr is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees. So, however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, if you think you’d drive value in this position, please apply.