Only considering candidates who are eligible to work in Durham, UK ⚠️
The bank that’s leading the fintech charge!
We’re not like the rest. We’re true innovators, and we’re redefining what a bank should be. Ours is a bank for today and the future, a mobile-first bank. Forget the stuffy branches, with Atom you can bank whenever, wherever, faster, and simpler.
Could you be the next innovator to join us?
What’s it all about?
Atom’s Operations department delivers fantastic customer service. It’s made up of several teams, including Intermediaries, Originations, Customer Support, Operational Effectiveness, Payments, Fraud, Reconciliations and Customer Administration.
As Customer Administration Team Leader you’ll lead a specialist team responsible for the servicing and administration of complex back-office processes including Bereavement, Deeds Administration, Porting, Transfer of Equity etc, covering products including Savings, Residential & Commercial Lending. This involves taking full ownership of cases and maintaining contact with solicitors, brokers, and customers.
You’ll work closely with mortgage underwriters and the lending processing teams, to provide insight and specialist knowledge, and support the collections and recoveries team leader in their activities. You will also work closely and effectively with Team Leaders to support the various back-office teams and front office customer support.
Reporting to Banking Services Manager you’ll be tasked with organising, planning, and prioritising work activities across the team to ensure SLAs are met, and act where needed to re-prioritise workloads and ensure tasks are completed to a high standard of quality.
This role will require 1-2 days per week in our Durham office.
What will your ‘typical’ day look like…
- Motivate and develop the team
- Work with internal and external stakeholders
- Ensure the team comply with internal controls and external regulations
- Continually review team performance and pro-actively respond to changes in customer demand - Identifying opportunities to streamline processes to improve operational efficiency and customer experience
- Take decisions within the limits of the established policies and procedural guidelines
- Respond to escalated internal and/or external enquiries, working with stakeholders to establish the most appropriate solution available.
- Act as a technical point of contact in respect of the activities undertaken within the Banking Services team
What do we need from you?
- Demonstrable experience working in Mortgage administration, commercial or residential
- Proven and demonstrable experience in a leadership role
- Ideally knowledge of residential or commercial lending
- Strong organisational & planning skills
- Be flexible, adaptable, able to respond to change
- Be a strong communicator
- Passionate about delivering service excellence
What you’ll get from us:
- Flexible hybrid & remote working
- 4-day work week
- Annual Share Option scheme – company performance related
- Incredibly generous company pension scheme (maximum of 13% of Atom input – candidate can put in more)
- ‘All About Me’ fund: £200 per year to spend on personal development
- 22.5 days holiday plus public holidays
- Private Medical Insurance for you and full family
- Health Cash Plan – expenses paid on Optical/Dental/other appointments/treatments
- Life Insurance – 4 times annual salary
- Critical illness cover – 1 x lump sum annual salary
- Cycle to work Scheme.
PLEASE NOTE: You must have the legal right to work in the UK to apply for this role as Atom is unable to support Visa Applications/Sponsorship
Atom is an equal opportunities employer.We value you as an individual and therefore disregard race, religion/belief, gender, sexual orientation, maternity/pregnancy, age, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership and disability in any hiring decisions we make. Atom will always adhere to the Equality Act 2010.
All roles within Atom must adhere to the Conduct Rules as set out by the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
As part of Atom bank’s commitment to the FCA’s Consumer Duty, Atom will, take all reasonable steps to avoid causing foreseeable harm to customers, take all reasonable steps to enable customers to pursue their financial objectives and act in good faith.