Only considering candidates who are eligible to work in Durham, UK ⚠️
The bank that’s leading the fintech charge.
We’re not like the rest. We’re true innovators, and we’re redefining what a bank should be. Ours is a bank for today and the future, a mobile-first bank. Forget the stuffy branches, with Atom you can bank whenever, wherever, faster, and simpler.
Based in Durham, we’re focused on bringing world-class career opportunities and developing a strong tech culture in the North East. Our team currently has over 450 brilliant people and is still growing; could you be the next innovator to join us?
What’s it all about?
The Creative Multimedia Designer will work across the Brand and Experience teams to support the delivery of visual strategic creative artefacts for our customer facing platforms. They will work alongside Research, UX, Visual design and App/Web Developers, to support the delivery of best-in-class customer experiences, while ensuring the Atom experience is differentiated and highly customer centric.
This hire will demonstrate super creativity through campaign ideation and concept development, balanced with a strong understanding of user centred interface design and experience of working in multidisciplinary teams. They will have solid technical capabilities and be comfortable delivering high fidelity creative concepts, artwork, and interactive prototypes. The Creative Multimedia Designer will also support the ongoing development of Atom’s design system which ensures the consistent application of Atom’s design language both internally and externally.
In addition to these responsibilities, they will form part of an agile delivery team, supporting the on-going iteration and optimisation of Atom’s customer facing platforms (Website and App) under the direction of the Principal Designer.
This hire will be up to date with the external competitive environment, using this knowledge to produce creative brand execution and customer centred user experiences aligned to Atom’s strategy to digitise and disrupt. They will be responsible for your continued professional development, understanding best-in-class design, championing the design function and best practice design across Atom.
What will your ‘typical’ day look like…. (Different that’s for sure):
- On-going iteration of our brand language through creative campaign and asset production, UI design development, aligned to our overall brand identity.
- Understand user needs and support the design of services, products, and tools to meet them.
- Creative ideation and concept development of marketing campaign assets for launch across our customer facing channels (website, app, social media platforms)
- Create and iterate high fidelity app and web prototypes to facilitate user testing.
- Liaise with a multidisciplinary team in an agile environment to turn concepts into creative concepts and user-centred designs.
- Maintain and evolve the visual identity for Atom’s customer facing platforms (app, website, and social channels), working closely with our Brand and Experience and PR teams to ensure design elements can be practically managed and delivered.
- Create graphic elements, assets and visual treatments that adapt to, influence, and complement customer journeys, creating a distinct and engaging branded experience.
- Supporting the design team as an in-house design service to the business, providing guidance, design development and branded assets as needed.
- Ensure the performance and effectiveness of Atom’s visual design is monitored, taking on-board customer feedback, reviews, and external commentary, embedding a culture of optimisation and iteration to improve deliveries.
- Ensure all design work is fully documented, including the maintenance of visual design guidelines, alongside an asset library that can be used across the business as appropriate.
- Be personally accountable for on-going personal development, maintaining an external perspective on best-in-class design and consumer trends.
What do we need from you?
- Design qualified with relevant degree and/or design qualifications.
- Super creative, well rounded portfolio demonstrating quality design output as well as informed rationale and structured process through to output and success metrics.
- Strong understanding of User Centred Design best practice and interaction design fundamentals.
- Experience of working collaboratively in cross-discipline design teams with exposure to designing customer journeys and a strong appreciation of UX disciplines.
- Proficient digital skills including Adobe CS (Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, XD, After Effects and Premiere).
- Ability to take a broad, conceptual idea and turn it into a tangible, delightful, highly creative assets, and usable experience for our customers.
- Understands the appropriate media to communicate findings. Shapes and shares communications cognisant of the audience. Able to give tactical recommendations.
- Embrace new technologies and ways of thinking creatively.
- Encourage joined up teamwork within our own team and across other functions.
- Proactive approach to personal development and keeping up to date with design best practice.
What’s in it for you?
- 4 Day Working Week
- Flexible/hybrid working
- Annual Share Option – performance related
- Incredibly generous company pension scheme (maximum of 13% of Atom input – candidate can put in more)
- ‘All About Me’ fund: £200 per year to spend on personal development
- 22.5 days holidays + 8 statutory days (rising by half a day with every 2 years in the company)
- Private Medical Insurance for you and full family
- Health Cash Plan – expenses paid on Optical/Dental/other appointments/treatments
- Life Insurance – 4 times annual salary
- Critical illness cover – 1 x lump sum annual salary
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Continuous development – professional qualifications
PLEASE NOTE: You must have the legal right to work in the UK to apply for this role as Atom Bank are unable to support Visa Applications/Sponsorship
Atom is an equal opportunities employer. We value you as an individual and therefore disregard race, religion/belief, gender, sexual orientation, maternity/pregnancy, age, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership and disability in any hiring decisions we make. Atom will always adhere to the Equality Act 2010.
All roles within Atom must adhere to the Conduct Rules as set out by the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
As part of Atom bank’s commitment to the FCA’s Consumer Duty, Atom will, take all reasonable steps to avoid causing foreseeable harm to customers, take all reasonable steps to enable customers to pursue their financial objectives and act in good faith.