Only considering candidates who are eligible to work in the USA ⚠️
The community coordinator position’s primary focus is to support our online communities in a way that keeps them engaged in our products, upholds Amy Porterfield’s leading reputation, and helps them achieve win after win.
This position works with the Product Development team in shaping and implementing the overall community strategy, coming up with new ideas, and helping the entire company learn more about the unique needs and desires of our audience. (FUN, right?)
Our amazing community is made up of diverse aspiring entrepreneurs from a wide variety of backgrounds and at all stages of business. At times, you will be responsible for moderating inclusive and productive conversations pertaining to current events, as well as personal events, inside these communities. AKA – you’re dealing with people. So this role requires a level of discernment and compassion to ensure our communities are a safe place for anyone looking to create and scale their online business. (Big heart required!)
Our ideal Community Coordinator is a people person, compassionate, organized, flexible, and great at inspiring entrepreneurs to take action. (Spirit Award, remember??) You’ll be an integral part of a dedicated team that loves to have fun and make an impact in the lives of online entrepreneurs everywhere!
This is a remote, full-time position with some travel throughout the year.
We’re not your average company — we always make sure our team members have plenty of freedom and flexibility to live their best lives, recharge, and have fun. (Major perks of working as a remote team!)
That said, the online marketing world doesn’t take breaks — that’s why we need our team members to be flexible, too. The tasks required in this role typically fit into a Monday – Thursday 8 am – 5 pm schedule but during product launches and busy seasons, we tend to tap into hours outside that range.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Community Coordinator supports the Product Development team in any initiative related to community engagement, retention, and growth, while also managing the day to day administrative tasks that help our communities thrive.
You’ll be responsible for…
- Working with the Product Development team in creating and implementing new ideas and community initiatives.
- Encouraging and moderating online conversations in our various online communities.
- Keeping a pulse on conversations in the community to learn more about their needs and what will help our students have success with our programs and products. You’ll then be relaying feedback and findings from customer and community conversations back to the team.
- Managing the essential daily tasks inside our Facebook groups, including ensuring community policies and procedures are being met, and addressing any challenges using our existing protocol.
- Responding to community comments and customer queries in a timely manner. This means you will need to understand our training programs so that you can offer insightful, valuable, relevant support.
- Writing content (which you’re comfortable and more than competent at!) that will be featured in our Facebook communities or our emails. For example, Facebook post announcements informing our community about upcoming events.
- Inspiring more community engagement by answering questions, providing resources, and highlighting customer wins – big and small.
- Increasing community and customer retention by preemptively providing resources that help people get unstuck and always leading with compassion and understanding.
- Working with our Product Development team to ensure students are supported and empowered to reach the finish line in our programs.
- Supporting Amy during her Facebook Live sessions to engage the community, answer questions in real time, and confirm all links are working.
- Strategically planning and hosting virtual community connection events to help our community members build deeper relationships, get additional support, and find accountability partners.
Skills and Abilities
The ideal candidate possesses the following strengths and skills:
- You’re a people person! Supporting others and coming up with creative solutions is your jam. You love people, and facilitating genuine community connections makes you giddy.
- The ability to communicate effectively, get things done, meet deadlines, and keep promises.
- Comfortable and competent at writing content that will be featured in our Facebook communities and/or our emails.
- A patient and compassionate approach to community conversations — you’ll be supporting entrepreneurs who are taking big risks! Therefore, it’s crucial that you take an understanding approach that puts kindness first, always. (Yes, even when you’ve heard the same question 10 times in one day!)
- A no-nonsense approach to ensuring our community guidelines are adhered to and a clear but kind approach to educating community members about those guidelines.
- Extremely flexible, compassionate, and team-oriented — you stay positive and committed to solving problems instead of focusing on them.
- Mature, coachable, and happy performing community administrative tasks on a daily basis.
- A positive and outgoing attitude with a steadfast willingness to go the extra mile and show up fully for our community on a daily basis.
- Existing knowledge of tracking and reporting on social analytics and making suggestions for improvement based on your findings is a bonus… but not necessary.
- Experience in social media account management is also a major plus but not necessary!
If you’d like to be considered for this role, please submit the following via email to [email protected]:
- Cover letter and PDF of your resume
- Answer the following questions via email:
- 1.) What win are you most proud of in your experience of supporting others or communities?
- 2.) If this was your role, how would you ensure we have a top-notch, fully supported community that helps our students succeed with our products?
- 3.) What are three things you would suggest we implement in our community to boost engagement and support?
- 4.) How did you learn about this opportunity?
- A 3-minute video introduction. (We will not review videos longer than 3 minutes. Please ensure the video is viewable to anyone with the link.)
Salary: $60,000 – $65,000 based on experience
Please note that while we are still accepting applications for this position, we will not be officially reviewing applications until April 2024. This timeline is subject to change, as we aim to ensure thorough consideration and focus on selecting the most suitable candidate for the position. Thank you for your understanding.
Amy Porterfield, LLC offers a short-term incentive plan using a tiered bonus structure. The bonus range for this position is between 5-25% of the salary. The requirements for bonus eligibility are determined by (1) performance and (2) achieving the company's annual profit target. If both conditions are satisfied, the company will remit short-term incentive bonuses to full-time salaried employees.
If you’re an experienced Community Coordinator, a total people person, and you love working with a team that’s making a difference in the world, this might just be the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
Although we permit “side gigs” / work outside this role, it must not compete or overlap with the work we do, or interfere with your role and responsibilities within the team. Any consulting, coaching or side gigs related to marketing, business building or entrepreneurship are not permitted. This allows us to project a united front, show that we are in this together as one business, and have the greatest possible impact.
If you want to step into a role with a great opportunity, enjoy knowing all the details and have an entrepreneurial spirit, this just might be the role for you!
*Please note, applicants must reside within the US to be considered.
Want to learn a little bit more about us? Keep reading!
What We Do:
We empower entrepreneurs to build profitable online businesses that bring creative, professional and personal freedom.
In everything we do, we aim to inspire confidence and action. Our signature service is helping budding entrepreneurs break free in the areas of business that were once holding them back into new levels of joy and fulfillment. We give these entrepreneurs tangible proof that small actions every day will ultimately build a business worth creating and a life guided by their own design.
We lead a fun-loving culture and a dedicated team that is committed to excellence. We always find the upside to any situation and maintain the strength and flexibility to change course as our business evolves.
You might know Amy Porterfield from her top-rated “Online Marketing Made Easy” podcast, or from the courses and webinars she offers to help entrepreneurs build their business through social media and online marketing strategies. To learn more about our fearless leader, check out the details here.
Our team is ambitious (always striving for excellence), hungry (competitive to the core; always wanting to be at the top) and enthusiastic (always excited about the work we are doing.)
→ We value drive, hard work and kicking ass. When the heat’s turned up, we step up to the challenge. We are equally thoughtful about our commitments.
→ We believe that everyone is doing the very best they can in the moment. We lead with love, patience and understanding.
→ We believe in continuous growth and are open to feedback and necessary tough conversations to move us forward.
→ We are strategic and thoughtful in our actions. We believe there is always a way to make it work and we will do the digging to figure it out. We rely on each other when we get stuck.
→ We take pride in our reputation as industry leaders. We are honest, professional and intentional.
→ We believe we are all leaders. We own our individual positions like a boss.
→ We prioritize the down time so that we can be our best when we are showing up for ourselves, our team members and our students.
→ We believe in the diversity and inclusion of all people regardless of race, age, gender, sexual orientation, ability, and religion. This includes thoughts, ideas, beliefs and experiences.
Team Porterfield Perks:
Did we forget to mention all of the Team Porterfield perks after 90 days of employment? We're fast-paced and rapidly growing. Our small but mighty team is full of talented and motivated individuals who enjoy coming into work. But these awesome perks help just a little too:
- 4 Day Workweek/Flexible Work Schedule – Outside of launches, our company operates on a 4-day workweek schedule. Spend your long weekends however you’d like — a few team favorites include hiking new trails, watching Bridgerton, meal prepping something delicious, or grabbing a beer on a patio!
- Flexible Time Off and Sick Leave – Two words… unlimited PTO. Because working hard and taking full ownership of your role doesn’t come at the expense of lifestyle freedom.
- Paid Holidays – including a Thanksgiving Break and Holiday Break!
- Birthday Leave – Oh yes, you read that right. Never working on your birthday again. Hit the beach or the spa, we don’t care what you do, just don’t come to work!
- Team Vacation – Pack your bags! Amy treats her team members to an annual team trip to celebrate the accomplishments and hard work of our employees. No work — just play!
- Health Insurance – Health is wealth, my friend! And we make sure that accessing quality healthcare is never a concern for members of Team Porterfield.
- Bonus Potential – Hard work and smashing goals don’t go unnoticed — or unrewarded! — here on Team Porterfield. We’ll fill you in on all the deets about bonus potential!
- Retirement Savings Plan – Roth or 401k…whatever your preference, we’ve got a generous match!
- Financial Planning Assistance – You’re an expert at a lot of things…why not add personal finances to that list! A team of professional wealth strategy partners is available to provide financial planning assistance however you’d like it, from retirement to personal finances to investing to saving.
- Learning Opportunities – A mastermind, summit, or learning experience that will enrich your knowledge in your particular role? It’s on us!
- Life Coach Benefit – Pssst! We’ll split the bill.
- Charitable Donation – Your big heart is our favorite thing about you. It’s our delight to make a donation in your name to a charity each year.
- New Parent Leave – A benefit bundle of joy! Full-time team members receive 10 weeks of paid parental leave and an optional 2 weeks of unpaid leave.
- What can we say? We really like each other! From team building events and virtual happy hours to annual team trips, we like to work hard and play hard!
- Plus you’ll be workin’ for boss lady Amy Porterfield! (Did you know she was nominated for Forbes’ Top Social Media Influencer?)
- Forget the traditional corporate culture. Amy left that behind years ago for a reason and has created something entirely different! Have a question? Have an emergency? Having a bad day? At Team Porterfield we’re all family, here to support each other. You’ll find coworkers that cheer on your professional milestones as well as your personal victories.
- We believe in the diversity and inclusion of people regardless of race, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, and religion. This includes thoughts, ideas, beliefs and experiences. We are a pro-inclusion and anti-racism organization dedicated to upholding and enforcing policies to support it.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to effectively communicate via chat/messaging systems and email. The employee is frequently required to remain in a stationary position and occasionally required to move from one location to another. The employee is required to constantly use computer and office productivity equipment such as a desktop computer, laptop, and printer, as well as computer software such as Google Suite for Business. The employee may frequently move up to 10 pounds.
Disclaimer: All job requirements are subject to possible revision to reflect changes in the position requirements or to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a threat or risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to which will be required in this position. Employees will be required to follow other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor/manager (within guidelines and compliance with Federal and State Laws). Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.