Candidates must be vaccinated against COVID-19 to qualify for this role. See below for more information.
Do you love Northwest Arkansas? Are you the go-to person when it comes to planning a night out, always ready with a recommendation for the city’s most seasoned finds and hidden hotspots?
As the Northwest Arkansas Community Ambassador, you’ll be a part-time Yelp employee (working out of your home or anywhere with WiFi) at the helm of a vibrant, buzzing community of locals who drink, shop and play their way through the city via peer recommendations on Yelp.
Community Ambassadors are creative, driven, organized, self-motivated, friendly, and fearless.
Where You Come In:
- You will plan in-person events!
- You will connect with Yelpers and business owners via all social media channels (and of course, Yelp)
- You will partner with exciting local events and organizations.
- You will act as the online moderator and voice of Yelp in your community.
- You will support the local Elite Squad.
- You will assist with the Local Yelp newsletter
What it Takes to Succeed:
- You reside in Northwest Arkansas and consider yourself a local expert.
- You are passionate about event planning, social media, and PR? You are someone who has fire in the belly. Walks through walls. Takes no prisoners. In a word: driven. Even when no one is watching. Especially then.
- You are a social connector. You are the hub of your social world. You know everyone. Everyone knows you. The fun one. Diplomatic, too.
- You live to write; write to live. You know who you are... pencils down!
- Time management is your middle name and your ambition does push-ups while you sleep.
- You thrive when you’re in control of your own schedule.
- You can’t put a price on punctuality; being late is your biggest pet peeve.
- You must be able to work a flexible 15-19 hours per week.
- You must currently reside in Northwest Arkansas and have reliable transportation options, and be 21+.
- You will not be restricted to working only for Yelp but may not qualify if you are a business owner, closely affiliated with a business owner (think spouse, general manager, social media manager, partner, etc.), or work for one of our competitors because they present conflicts of interest.
Ready to apply? Submit the following (all required):
- Cover letter/note showcasing your writing skills, general personality and style.
- Resume highlighting your relevant experience.
- A link to your Yelp profile.
At Yelp, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and education — and those are just a few. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our diversity efforts are closely tied to our core values, which include “Playing Well With Others” and “Authenticity.”
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
Actual salary offered may vary based on multiple factors, including but not limited to, an individual's location and experience.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected] or 415-969-8488.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.