Only considering candidates who are eligible to work in India ⚠️
Coding Teacher (Remote- Night Shift)
Codingal is on a mission to inspire school kids to fall in love with coding.
Codingal is the #1 coding platform and community for the school students to learn Computer Science by building apps, games, and websites. All classes are taught live 1:1 by vetted and trained teachers with programming background.
Launched in September 2020, Codingal has already empowered 40,000+ students by motivating them to start learning coding via competitions and high-quality coding education. All classes are taught live 1:1 by vetted and trained teachers who come from coding background. The coding curriculum is based on a standardized K-12 Computer Science Framework, which students find very fun & engaging.
We are backed by top investors including Rebright Partners and Y Combinator.
Coding helps improve logical thinking and problem-solving skills by 70% among kids at a young age, also enabling them to perform better in other subjects in school. Moreover, coding jobs are the future. They already constitute more than 60% of all jobs in science, technology, engineering, and math. While still in school, those who start young will be ahead of everyone by the time they get into college. They will be creators of the future. Learning to code at a young age will inspire more kids, including girls, to take up Computer Science as a major when entering college. Today, schools and traditional education systems are not equipped to provide the right coding education to children. Codingal is here to change that and empower every student with the tools, content, and live coding classes to start learning to code and build anything they can imagine.
We are looking for Coding Teachers who believe in this mission and have the right expertise to teach coding to young school kids.
Roles & responsibilities
- Teach coding in a fun & engaging way to school students via online classes
- Inspire students to learn coding at a young age
- Assess student’s progress, evaluate assignments, and give constructive feedback
- Be available for at least 120 hours in a month, especially in the evenings on weekdays & longer hours on weekends
- Teach 1:1 from the comfort of your home
- Conduct regular feedback sessions with parents/guardians
To be successful in this role, you must have -
- Passion for teaching to school students. 1 year experience in Edtech.
- A curious mind and engineering background
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- Critical thinking and troubleshooting skills
- A laptop with camera & microphone and a good internet connection. System requirement: Windows 10 & 8GB RAM; Internet speed- 15mbps
- Computer Science degree or coding background is needed
- Best incentive program of up to INR 275 per class along with many other perks
- Flexibility to set availability as per your schedule in your personal calendar. Night shift timings- Between 12AM to 9AM.
- Cancel class or open more slots any time using your personal calendar
- Flexibility to mention grades you want to teach based on your comfort level
- Get recognition & experience certificates for teaching coding
- Use best-in-class online classroom product for a hassle-free teaching experience
- Transparent policies and earning reports
- Top-rated teachers get exciting goodies and rewards periodically
- Round the clock support by the Codingal team if you face any issues.
You can earn anywhere from INR 15,000 to 50,000 per month depending on your availability. You will also be given professional training to teach the curriculum at the beginning and you will go through regular training sessions & teacher development programs. Moreover, you get to work with a young & smart team who are on a mission to inspire school kids to fall in love with coding.
Come, join us on this exciting journey. Apply now!