Only considering candidates who are eligible to work in Brazil ⚠️
As a Cloud Engineer you are part of our engineering team working on maintaining, modernizing, and extending our Affiliate Marketing platform. You are responsible for managing and evolving our high-traffic and high-transaction Amazon Web Services (AWS) environment, using industry standard best-practices.
You share your knowledge with your team and the wider Engineering practice and may coach or mentor junior colleagues. You have a good understanding of platform needs and work with the product owner and other team members to translate these into AWS requirements. You work through the entire lifecycle of the product/environment, from understanding requirements, development to deployment, support and maintenance. You show an understanding for deadlines, are cost-conscious, find pragmatic solutions, and are proactive in raising potential risks. You are comfortable with working with and modernizing technical platforms and have a strong understanding of the challenges modernization brings. This role is critical to expanding our usage of native AWS tools, modernizing our platform, and helping to drive the department forward with wider business initiatives.
Please note: This role will be working on the US Software Engineer team and because of this, this position will need to communicate (verbally/written) in English. To be considered for this role, please submit your resume in English.
Key responsibilities within this role include:
- Participate in overall modernization efforts by contributing to architectural/infrastructure vision and implementing an environment that supports modernizing version control & deployment pipeline through standardization & automation
- Respond to incidents; investigate, verify, diagnose, & mitigate issues
- Share expertise and thought-leadership to promote a cross functional team environment
- Be open to conducting or receiving architectural reviews
Interaction & Soft Skills:
- Works well within and across teams and vendors, and contributes effectively to the success of those that they interact with regularly
- Might interact with stakeholders, both internally and externally as required
- Acts mostly independent, guided by project requirements. Can take ownership and work independently on complex components but seeks input from other engineers when appropriate.
- Eager to share AWS expertise with other members of the team. With increasing familiarity with the ShareASale platform, may mentor more junior engineers.
- Promotes pragmatic approaches, preventing unnecessary complexity and adapts to different ways of working (e.g. agile processes) on different topics.
Skills & Expertise
To be successful you will need to meet the below requirements.
- Expert in AWS services (5+ years in AWS cloud engineering or equivalent roles):
- Ideally, AWS Certified Developer, Architect, or DevOps
- Cloud migration & green field experience
- IAM, VPN, EC2, S3, RDS, MGN, FSX, ECS, EBS
- Network engineering experience, network security best practices, monitoring Web Application Firewall (WAF) / firewall, load balancing
- Experience in DevOps adoption, legacy modernization, CI/CD methodologies, containerization
- Not required, but bonus points if you have
- Experience working on high-traffic, high-load web applications
- DataDog experience
- Microsoft Active Directory (AD)
- Containers (Docker)
- Comfortable using version control systems (SVN, Git, GitHub, GitLab)
- Experience applying test automation, knowledge of Test Driven Development (TDD) & Behavior Driven Development (BDD)
- Experience with ColdFusion, Java, Node.js, Plugin Development and/or WordPress
- .NET, C# 4+, Visual Studio, T-SQL, SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS)
- Experience modernizing legacy applications through refactoring & DevOps adoption
- Flexi-Week and Work-Life Balance: We prioritise your mental health and wellbeing, offering you a flexible four-day Flexi-Week at full pay and with no reduction to your annual holiday allowance. We also offer a variety of different paid special leaves.
- Working Wherever: Do you prefer to work from our cool office, from home, or in a completely different environment? With us, the choice is yours. We offer the flexibility to work wherever you want within our Awin locations.
- Health & Well Being: With our support and access to various initiatives and sports offers, you can devote yourself to your mental and physical well-being.
- Welfare: We provide you with a life insurance and a private health insurance that covers several types of health, vision, and dental treatments. Besides, we support you with transportation and food vouchers.
- Development: We’ve built our extensive training suite Awin Academy to cover a wide range of skills that nurture you professionally and personally, with trainings conveniently packaged together to support your overall development. Improve your English skills by participating in our local language course.
- Remote Working: You will receive a monthly allowance to cover a part of your running costs. In addition, we will support you in setting up your remote workspace appropriately.
- Appreciation: Thank and reward colleagues by sending them a voucher through our peer-to-peer program and show your appreciation for colleagues who have gone the extra mile to support you.
Established in 2000, Awin is proud of our dynamic, social and inclusive culture.
Like all businesses, we’ve had to adapt and nurture our culture in a virtual environment. Our virtual ‘Life @ Awin’ hub brings our colleagues from across the globe together for various social activities.
Diversity & Inclusion are paramount to us, and we proudly pursue and hire diverse team members. We champion uniqueness and authenticity; this is who we are at our core. Our network of affiliate partnerships are diverse and transparent, as are the employees powering our vision to build the world’s leading open partner ecosystem. We welcome all backgrounds, identities, and experiences. If you need support at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
Apply now to begin the next stage of your career at a progressive company that supports both your professional and personal development.