Career Success Coach, University, Web DevelopmentFullstack Academy
Posted 1 month ago
Fullstack Academy is a top-ranked immersive school for technology skills training. Fullstack offers comprehensive training opportunities across the U.S. and prepares students with the in-demand skills they need to launch fulfilling tech careers.
"Fullstack Academy has been a life-changing experience" is something we hear often and the reason why we come to work everyday. Our students’ outcomes are the most important measures of our success and we’re looking for a Career Success Coach for our University Web Development program to deliver comprehensive coaching and programming services to our students and alumni.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a part-time Web Development Career Success Coach for our University partnership programs, you will prepare our students to face the technical recruiting process. You will lead workshops aimed at preparing them for the job hunt. You’ll conduct coaching sessions and provide follow-up support to our alumni to ensure they’re engaging in the behaviors they need to be successful while searching. You’ll create content on various job-search topics to help our students feel comfortable, confident and prepared to face the tech industry.
This role will own Career Success programming for university partnership programs located in the Eastern and Central time zones. The role is fully remote and part-time, up to 30 hours per week. While the daily hours worked can be determined by the coach in consultation with their manager, they must be available to lead workshops for their cohorts and office hours, at times that support the cohort schedule. Most lectures take place in the evenings, however, there will also be occasional workshops, meetings, and events that take place during the day so the ideal candidate will need a flexible schedule.
Lectures and 1:1 coaching sessions with students and alumni will take place via Zoom or Engageli. You may also communicate with students via Slack, email, and phone. Candidates must have stable internet access.
This role reports to the Manager, Career Success, Web Development.
In this role, you will:
- Support a portfolio of students & alumni, ultimately owning their successful job placement
- Lead Career Success lectures and workshops related to job search techniques, interviewing, negotiation, personal pitch, etc.
- Hold regular office hours to guide students through the job search process by providing individualized feedback on materials (resumes, LinkedIn, etc.), mock interviews, and other Career Success support
- Find innovative ways to engage and support our alums on the job search, including but not limited to group coaching, Alumni events, etc.
- Track placement outcomes of every graduate meticulously, and meet key metrics related to students’ professional outcomes within 6 months of graduation
- Stay on top of hiring trends and continuously develop our Career Success curriculum to ensure that students are equipped to land their dream jobs
You’re a great candidate if you have:
- 4-6 years of experience in a Recruiting, HR or Career Coaching/Counseling role
- A Bachelor’s degree (Master’s Degree preferred) in a related field and/or equivalent experience/training
- Knowledge of Recruiting/HR best practices in Tech industry
- Ability to operate autonomously and take ownership of tasks
- A track-record as a diligent, organized, self-starter who can adapt to change as needed
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A passion for mentoring others to succeed
- Infectious positive energy paired with remarkable empathy
- Ability to adapt to diverse student body with different backgrounds and experience
- Familiarity with GradLeaders, Hubspot, Calendly, Google Sheets/Excel, comfortable with data
You’re an exceptional candidate if you also have:
- Worked at fast-growing organizations
- Worked in the Tech Industry or bootcamp space
- Worked with and provided career support (i.e. coaching, recruiting, etc..) to software developers/cybersecurity professionals
Colorado Equal Pay For Equal Work Act disclosure:
The expected compensation for this role for candidates from Colorado is $35-38 per hour for candidates who fulfill the qualifications for the role. Candidates whose qualifications are above those listed are encouraged to apply as well. All final offers to candidates will be based on that candidate's unique experience and skillset, and not all candidates will qualify for the top of the salary range.