Business Development Manager
We are piloting a 6 month trial of the 4 day work week (32hrs) from 28th Feb 2022. No drop in salary
Posted 2 months ago
Business Development Manager | Evouchers
Reports to: APAC Director
Location: Hybrid - Office (Sydney) & WFH
Hours: 32hrs - 4-day working week (no salary sacrifice)
Salary: $70,000 to $85,000 + OTE
Who we are and what is important to us:
Wonde is an innovative and fast-growing, ed-tech scale-up that is on a mission to deliver cutting-edge technologies to improve ways of working for the education sector.
2 years ago Wonde launched our Evouchers platform. The platform supports new initiatives, initiatives that are critical to communities and help those who need it most. Vouchers can be used for food, clothes, energy, white goods and more.
We’re proud to be making a difference and will continue to do all that we can as a voucher provider.
As we continue to expand our offering within the voucher space we’re looking to appoint our first and lead hire in Sydney. As an early hire, you will play a key role in supporting the launch of Evouchers within a new territory.
As our first hire, you’ll enjoy working alongside the leadership to help establish the right processes and will be given the opportunity to truly shape the way we work.
You will lead all new business requirements, focusing on building strong relationships with prospects in the public sector to maximise growth plans.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop growth strategy alongside the executive team tailored towards private sector schools, Government departments and businesses
- Business partner with internal key stakeholders to develop, agree and implement business initiatives
- Develop and define sales strategy to achieve business objectives
- Create, prepare and deliver reports on status of new business opportunities
- Identify all relevant public sector tender opportunities
- Build, manage and nurture sales pipeline
- Research and network with public sector organisations and individuals to maximise new opportunities
- Research and adapt sales strategies to mirror market trends
- Plan persuasive sales approaches and pitches to secure buy in
- Pitch and present in a consultative and professional manner to qualified leads
- Execute ‘out of the box’ sales plays
- Develop and implement new sales models to drive desired growth
- Provide competitor and market insights and analysis to embed correct drive and direction
- Collaborate with wider teams to further define and expand the scope of existing opportunities
What you'll have:
- A proven track record in a business development-focused role
- Insight knowledge on public procuring tenders (nice to have)
- Ed-tech/Public Sector background (nice to have)
- Proven track record of managing multiple projects within ambitious timelines
- Strong listening and communication skills with the ability to collaborate and build positive relationships internally and externally
- Strong stakeholder management skills with the willingness to challenge and be challenged (we love new ideas!)
- Ambition and initiative to drive change with the confidence to embrace new ways of working in an ever-moving sector
- Natural in identifying and approaching new ideas
- Ability to influence and learn in an ever-changing environment
- Good attitude towards individual and team success