Only considering candidates who are eligible to work in Europe ⚠️
The real economy employs 3 billion people in frontline jobs, yet frontline teams are still left to choose between paper and Excel or decade-old workforce management solutions to take care of the most important part of their businesses - their people.
Enter Sona, the Frontline Operating System; an end-to-end platform to manage a shift-based workforce and empower its teams. Sona upgrades the functionality you expect from any workforce management software - including scheduling, time & attendance, HR, and Payroll - with industry-specific plugins, dedicated features to empower staff, and a consumer-grade experience that simplifies frontline work for everyone.
In just two years, we’ve already made a deep impact on the lives of tens of thousands of frontline workers and the operation of their organisations, grown the team to 50+, and secured the backing of Google’s AI fund - Gradient Ventures, SpeedInvest, Notion Capital and angels like Tom Blomfield (Monzo).
It’s a hugely exciting time to be joining the team, as we’re still small enough that you’ll have a significant impact on the company, growth trajectory and culture, but large enough that we have a great structure, experienced leaders and world-class benefits in place (such as being fully remote and flexible, and only working 4.5 days a week). More on working at Sona here.
About the Role
As our Bookkeeper, you will play a crucial role in managing our financial records, including transactions, payroll, and reconciliations. You'll work closely alongside our Finance Manager and help contribute to the efficiency and effectiveness of our finance department.
To excel in this role, you will need exceptional attention to detail, strong organisational skills, and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously with precision.
Day to day, you will:
- Manage accounts payable/receivable
- Conduct balance sheet reconciliations
- Perform month-end duties and journals
- Prepare VAT returns
- Manage Xero payroll
- Collaborate on Finance initiatives across Sona
We don’t have hard and fast requirements but hopefully lots of the following apply to you:
- AAT qualified (or a part/full-qualified accountant)
- Comfortable performing a wide range of bookkeeping duties
- Skilled in Excel, Google Sheets, and Xero (or similar)
- £35-40k (or local currency equivalent)
- 4.5 day standard working week
- Share options
- Fully remote and flexible working
- 35 days annual leave (25 days standard plus 10 flexible public holiday days)
- Pension contributions matched up to 5%
- Comprehensive Health Insurance via Bupa
- Enhanced parental leave & pay
- Co-working space stipend
- Quarterly all expenses paid team retreats
- The latest Macbook and equipment for your home office
- Professional development budget
- Unlimited free books
Working at Sona
We take our health and mental health seriously, believing that we can only perform to our best when we are healthy, happy, and in control of when, where, and how we work. That's why we're fully remote and everyone works a 4.5 day week (you choose when you take the half day) with a fully flexible schedule.
We balance this with regular virtual stand-ups and all-hands so we're all aligned, and paid-for, in-person meet-ups so you can get to know your colleagues.
You can learn more about the team and what it’s like working at Sona here.
Compensation Range: £35K - £40K