Only considering candidates who are eligible to work in Penryn, UK ⚠️
Reports to: Bid Manager
Location: Penryn, Hybrid, 2-days on-site, 2-days WFH
Hours: 32 hours across a 4-day week (no salary sacrifice)
Salary: £32,000 - £42,000
Who we are and what is important to us:
Beyond unifies three technology-driven brands, Wonde, Evouchers and Secure Schools.
Each brand shares a vision to reduce the friction of adapting technology, to help customers navigate an often overwhelming area and provide powerful solutions that make their everyday life easier.
The three brands run independently with the autonomy to continue to prosper although as part of the Beyond team, you’ll join a wider, supportive environment where you’ll be able to pull on the expertise and capabilities of the group.
We do not limit ourselves to standing still. We look ahead and strive to disrupt the sector we operate in. We believe technology should not be complicated or overwhelming. It should do what it says - quickly, safely and efficiently.
As Bid Executive, you'll efficiently support the Bid Manager in tender activities for Beyond's products. You'll assist the Bid Manager in the entire bid process, collecting and organising tender information, managing portals, and researching bids for various products.
You’ll be responsible for collecting and sharing bid data centred around win/loss rates, and KPI’s. You'll be a people person, adept at project management, driving initiatives from start to finish.
What you’ll be doing:
- Conduct tender searches for UK and international opportunities
- Manage, maintain and update documentation on a variety of tender portals, ensuring we’re being proactive with Beyond’s presence on the platforms
- Conduct research on tender frameworks and opportunities, supporting the company’s knowledge of tender movements
- Create and deliver tender summaries to key stakeholders, supporting the prequalification process
- Analyse competitor tender successes and renewals via tender tracking platforms
- Where required and appropriate, assist the Bid Manager with tender writing responsibilities, with the opportunity to lead on writing for relevant tenders
- Collate and where required lead on actions from the Crown Commercial Service (and other frameworks) meetings, ensuring timely preparation and coordination of monthly, quarterly and annual reporting
- Organise and champion training across Beyonds teams to elevate commercial awareness
- Act as the bridge between teams, delivering regular updates on frameworks and tenders
- Oversee bid response appearance, adhering to strict guidelines, templates, and word limits for public sector bids
- Collaborate with Marketing and Graphic Design to create templates and personalised content
- Oversee and archive bid documents once the process concludes
- Support the creation of tender templates to maximise efficiencies
- When required proofread tender submissions
- Review and action current tender social value commitments
- Track and record tender social value commitments
- Ensure social value commitments are delivered in a timely manner to the contract renewal
- When needed and appropriate partnering with the marketing team to support local press engagement on social value initiatives
What we’re hoping you’ll bring:
- Demonstrable experience in a bid-related role (essential)
- Knowledge of Crown Commercial Service (CCS) frameworks (nice to have)
- Ed-tech/public-sector background (nice to have)
- A people-focused mentality with the ability to relate to a diverse range of individuals and teams
- Excellent organisation skills with the ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Strong stakeholder management with the ability to challenge decisions where necessary
- The ability to think outside of the box and offer innovative ways of working and solutions that meet the needs of the team and customers
- A natural internal champion to promote teamwork and collaboration
- Natural in identifying and approaching new ideas
- The willingness to learn and evolve within a growing division
What you’ll get:
Beyond is much more than just a place to work. It is a place to grow, innovate, excel and learn. We have tech people, creative people and people people, all focused on providing a superior customer experience.
We value, support and champion those we work with - promoting personal growth and happiness. We get that our success is dependent on the collective energy, intelligence and contributions of all our team members and we are committed to ensuring our work environment is the best it can be.
We value your commitment and have worked hard to create adaptable and comprehensive benefits packages to suit individual needs, although you can expect the below as standard:
- 4-day working week
- Flexible working schedule/work-from-home opportunities
- Buying and selling holiday scheme
- Additional holiday for length of service
- Annual allowance for volunteering days
- Onsite trained mental health and well-being champions
- Monthly lunch club (on us)
- Comprehensive wellness programmes (think meditation retreats and continuous access to well-being apps/initiatives)
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption benefits
- Electric car scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Eye examination scheme
- Financial contribution to the set up of work-from-home environments
- Use of new and leading technology in the form of apple products
- Frequent company-funded social events
- Office closure between Christmas & New Year
- Access to continuous learning and development opportunities
- Comprehensive employee referral scheme
- Casual Dress Code
In addition to the above, you’ll have access to our ‘take your pick’ benefits scheme which is tailored specifically to you!
Wonde is an equal-opportunity employer. We encourage interest from all candidates and do not discriminate against any non-merit factors. If you require any adjustments to the application or selection process please call or email us so we can ensure you have the correct support.
careers@ wonde.com/ 01638 438094
Please only use this number for needed amendments. If you're looking to understand more about an opportunity you’ll need to apply or confirm a time with the talent team at the above email address.