Posted 2 months ago
Founded in April 2018, we are reimagining how people move for work by bringing together seamless technology, transparency and unrivalled service. We believe in freeing talent from borders, so we’re building a centralised platform for a decentralised world. A world where companies can hire from everywhere — and people can work and live where they want to.
After our $12m Series A, we are now expanding across Europe and looking for more Localitos to join the ride. With us, no day is like the other and there is always something going on! We are an energetic mix of nationalities who have lived in over 15 countries, and speak 10 languages. We love what we do and enjoy working together in a focused and fun environment. You’ll get a great opportunity to learn and grow - we are moving fast and offer various options to take on exciting responsibilities. We have offices in Hamburg, Berlin, Porto, and London but we are flexible with where you choose to work from.
We are looking for people that take ownership and pursue excellence. The more ideas you bring with you, the better - let’s get started!
About our team
You’ll be working closely with a small team of frontend and backend engineers, technical team leads, product managers, designers and UX researchers. We collaborate remotely across multiple time zones using Slack, Notion, Linear, GitHub, the Google suite, among several other tools. We value transparency, respect and a passion for making the lives of our customers as easy as possible, whether they are HR managers, case managers or employees going through a life-changing relocation.
About our technology
We serve our customers through a web app (built with React, TypeScript, Tailwind, Zustand, Webpack and others) that communicates with a REST API (built with Ruby on Rails, Postgres and Redis). We use GitHub for version control and code reviews, Semaphore for CI/CD, Sentry for keeping track of production errors and rely on Heroku for managing our infrastructure.
As a Backend Engineer:
- You've been coding professionally for a few years
- You’re comfortable with backend / server-side programming
- There's at least one widely-used programming language that you feel comfortable with (we use Ruby)
- You’re comfortable with SQL
- You’re comfortable with ORM libraries (we use ActiveRecord)
- You understand the value of Test-Driven Development, even if you haven't been using it yourself lately (we use RSpec)
- You’re comfortable building APIs and backends that interact with a relational database for performing CRUD operations (we use Postgres)
- You’re comfortable with designing, developing and documenting REST APIs
- You’re comfortable communicating in English
- Choose between working remotely in the innovation hubs throughout Europe
- Berlin, Hamburg, Amsterdam, London, Dublin, Barcelona, Madrid, Porto & Lisbon
- Internationally diverse team & >50% female leadership
- Health insurance based on the German standard
- Language classes & training budget
- Competitive salary & stock options
- Holidays & parental leave
- Great team events
We are advocates of Diversity & Inclusion and so, we encourage people of all races, ethnicities, disabilities, ages, gender identity or expression, backgrounds and experiences to consider applying for this role.
Ready for your next challenge? Apply below or, if you don't see a role that fits your profile, send us an email to jobsatlocalyzeapp.com!