Only considering candidates who are eligible to work in the UK ⚠️
The bank that’s leading the fintech charge!
We’re not like the rest. We’re true innovators, and we’re redefining what a bank should be. Ours is a bank for today and the future, a mobile-first bank. Forget the stuffy branches, with Atom you can bank whenever, wherever, faster, and simpler.
Could you be the next innovator to join us?
Want to join us?
Technology is at the heart of the business, and we have a world-leading Technology stack that enables us to offer the most efficient, user-friendly app-based bank. The Technology team has end to end responsibility for all aspects of our Technology, from architecting the future, engineering solutions, to deploying and managing our technology services.
Our Tech teams are now set up in paced change & delivery teams, delivering different types of initiatives aligned to Business Value Streams to support our business growth.
We’re looking for a Backend Engineer to join a new Business Lending team, where you will work alongside the operational teams, product managers, business analysts and testers to deliver strategic initiatives to the operational business areas of Atom. You’ll contribute to the technical leadership of one of our Backend Engineering teams whilst collaborating and supporting other team members.
Working with Golang, Python, Java, Kafka and workflow tools, you will have the opportunity to make a tangible difference to Atom.
What will your ‘typical’ day look like…. (there’s no two days the same in Atom):
- Contribute to technical designs and ensure associated artefacts are documented to agreed standards
- Develop various process solutions across business processes and systems
- Design and develop data models/structures and API contracts, data transforms, and algorithms
- Maintain all associated design and document artefacts
- Ensure developed components have the appropriate level of quality and governance (version control, documentation, unit testing)
- Support the software you have produced, ensuring stability not only in the resolution of defects while testing, but up to Production and future operation should incidents arise
- Work with third parties to facilitate integration with our backend systems, API gateway contracts, security, and producing bespoke integration where required
What do we need from you?
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field
- Demonstrable, professional experience of any of the following technologies: Golang, Java or other C-like programming language
- Understanding of full stack development
- Understanding of typical integration technologies, general understanding of RESTful APIs
- Understanding of a standard Software Development Lifecycle
- Experience working with Cloud technologies either GCP, AWS or Azure
- Knowledge of message queue patterns and technologies
- Exposure to agile project methodology
- Good understanding of software testing frameworks, unit testing, TDD/BDD, any appropriate supporting tools
What you’ll get from us:
- Remote & Flexible working
- Annual Share Option scheme – company performance related
- 4 day week
- Incredibly generous company pension scheme (maximum of 13% of Atom input – candidate can put in more)
- ‘All About Me’ fund: £200 per year to spend on personal development
- 22.5 days holiday + 8 statutory days
- Private Medical Insurance for you and full family
- Health Cash Plan – expenses paid on Optical/Dental/other appointments/treatments
- Life Insurance – 4 times annual salary
- Critical illness cover – 1 x lump sum annual salary
- Cycle to work Scheme
PLEASE NOTE: You must have the legal right to work in the UK to apply for this role as Atom is unable to support Visa Applications/Sponsorship
Atom is an equal opportunities employer. We value you as an individual and therefore disregard race, religion/belief, gender, sexual orientation, maternity/pregnancy, age, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership and disability in any hiring decisions we make. Atom will always adhere to the Equality Act 2010.
All roles within Atom must adhere to the Conduct Rules as set out by the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)
As part of Atom bank’s commitment to the FCA’s Consumer Duty, Atom will, take all reasonable steps to avoid causing foreseeable harm to customers, take all reasonable steps to enable customers to pursue their financial objectives and act in good faith.