We practise "Free Choice Friday" where you can skill up, learn something new or take every Friday off making every week a 4 day work week! No one at BYG is required to work more than 32 hours per week
Posted 2 weeks ago
BYG is looking for a producer to help support our recently announced publishing division!
Duties will include:
- An ongoing commitment to a diverse, equitable and inclusive workspace and promoting our continual growth in these areas
- Coordinating between development teams and BYG on all aspects of development and launch
- Helping scope and coordinate BYG’s involvement to ensure development teams have what they need to succeed and feel supported, as well as ensure that we are working sustainably
- Helping BYG evaluate and align on what is needed, risks, and feasibility when considering new partnerships
- Providing a solid communication and coordination link between development teams and BYG
- Working with external development partners and other outside agencies as necessary (e.g. localisation)
- Ensuring colleagues feel heard while facilitating effective decision making
- Working with development teams to create an effective system for tracking milestones
- Helping support development teams in adapting to BYG processes or adopting BYG tools where appropriate
- Assisting in launch planning and coordinating between BYG and development teams
- 3+ years of production experience in game development
- Experience shipping at least one game title in a production role (on multiple platforms is a plus)
- Excitement for building inclusive games for diverse audiences
- A commitment to and experience fostering a collaborative and inclusive work environment
- Comfortable overseeing multiple projects and small teams
- Proficiency in core project-management skills (e.g. planning, estimation, risk assessment, scoping, and staffing).
- Experience working with mixed remote and in-person teams
- Excellent communicator (written and verbal) with the ability to build alignment effectively and foster a culture of transparency and collaboration
- Humble with a growth mindset and excellent collaboration skills
- Effective facilitator with experience in running various agile-related meetings, including stand ups, retros, backlog refinement, and planning sessions
- Familiarity with Agile methodology (e.g. Scrum, Kanban), at least one project-management software tool and cloud-based productivity suites (e.g. Google Suite)
- A passion for helping development teams realise their dreams!
- Willing to relocate to British Columbia, Canada (we will sponsor a visa for the right candidate)
Brace Yourself Games is located in downtown Vancouver, Canada. This position is open to in person work at our downtown office or remote work anywhere within BC. This is a permanent full time paid position. Rate of pay is above industry standard and includes a profit sharing plan and an outstanding benefits package. We develop games because games make us happy. If we’re not having fun doing it, what’s the point? No one at BYG is required to work more than 32 hours per week. We maintain an inclusive, supportive, fun company culture.
Free Choice Friday where you can skill up, learn something new or make something (or take every Friday off making every week a 4 day work week)! More info: https://braceyourselfgames.com/2021/09/14/free-choice-fridays/
More info on our benefits: https://braceyourselfgames.com/careers/benefits/
More info on our stance on overtime: https://braceyourselfgames.com/2021/09/29/our-stance-on-overtime/
More info on our publishing division: https://braceyourselfgames.com/2022/08/30/announcing-brace-yourself-publishing/
We’re looking for the candidate who will make BYG an even better place to work! We will respond to successful applicants with an offer to interview. Thanks very much! We look forward to hearing from you.