Location: Remote - Anywhere(Open to applicants located anywhere around the globe.)
As an Associate Director of Business Development, you are responsible for driving company growth through the acquisition of new customers. Join a supportive and mature sales environment as part of a team of collaborative, cross-discipline professionals who have been pushing the boundaries of enterprise-level projects for over 12 years.
With an existing inbound pipeline, you’ll be able to dive into winning real opportunities quickly, supported by sales leadership and established assets. You’ll have ownership over a combination of innovative, challenging projects and ongoing support engagements. Your client portfolio brings an opportunity to work with innovative startups and impactful non-profits, to some of the biggest names in the industry; such as Politico, Microsoft, Meta, Google, The New York Times Co., and The Nobel Prize Committee.
Intentionally remote since day one, spanning six continents and 38+ countries, 10up fully embraces the benefits of distributed work.
What you will do:
- Collaborate with 10up leaders to acquire new business via calls, video conferencing, and in-person sessions in a highly consultative sales process.
- Define strategic and tactical plans for complex web design and build engagements, aligned to client needs and 10up strengths, approach and availability.
- Navigate client goals, constraints, and 10up resourcing and delivery standards to create detailed proposals, statements of work, estimates, and project plans that set 10up and its clients up for success.
- Maintain accurate, timely, and clear written documentation for deals and leads.
- Develop and cultivate new leads through networking, relationship development, and investigation; as well as by expanding key accounts identified as growth opportunities in close partnership with an account manager.
- You have a genuine passion for solving unique client and prospect challenges by developing a deep understanding of their needs. You are able to offer consultative solutions to a variety of challenges that (1) are not always well defined by a prospect, and (2) vary greatly between opportunities.
- You excel at channeling independent motivation while collaborating in a team environment. You thrive with a level of autonomy and trust, and are not dependent on highly prescribed sales processes to succeed and grow. Your strong time management and follow-through gives you the ability to balance and prioritize multiple opportunities and leads.
- You have a high level of understanding of the WordPress ecosystem, and are able to guide strategy conversations with authority, conveying expertise to clients who may have some expertise themselves.
- You possess superior, persuasive written and verbal English communication skills in a remote and in person (“pitch”) setting and excel at rallying internal and external collaborators to a project vision.
- You have an appreciation for design and attention to detail: modeling 10up’s craftsmanship by ensuring proposals, pitches, presentations and other material are well composed, constructed, and free from obvious omissions and errors.
Benefits of interest:
- A generous and competitive base compensation tied to annual revenue targets, with the opportunity for additional earned compensation.
- Multiple paid time off programs, including accrued PTO, parental leave, bereavement leave, and company holidays – including an all-company break from Christmas Eve to New Years Day.
- Health, dental, and life insurance programs (available for United States team members).
- Retirement contribution programs (currently available in the U.S. and U.K.).
- $3,000 USD accrued annually in professional development budget for you to spend on conferences, training, or to buy back time for programs like independent study.
- Global Company summits – opportunities to meet, socialize and learn with fellow 10uppers in person at remarkable destinations.
- Leadership that supports your career growth and development.
$95,000 - $145,000 a year
The expected annual salary range for this position is between $95,000 and $145,000 USD. Compensation is determined based on a variety of factors including relevant experience, other job related qualifications/skills, geographic location, and business needs.
Join our team!
If you are passionate about 10up's mission and think you have what it takes to be successful in this role even if you don't check all the boxes, please apply. We'd appreciate the opportunity to personally review your application. Everyone gets a response.
Read more about What to Expect through our Recruiting process.
We don't want you to miss any communication from us! To ensure you receive updates on your application, please add [email protected] to your contacts list! #LI-Remote