Only considering candidates who are eligible to work in Durham, UK ⚠️
The bank that’s leading the fintech charge!
We’re not like the rest. We’re true innovators, and we’re redefining what a bank should be. Ours is a bank for today and the future, a mobile-first bank. Forget the stuffy branches, with Atom you can bank whenever, wherever, faster, and simpler.
Could you be the next innovator to join us?
What will your ‘typical’ day look like…. (Different that’s for sure):
Atom’s Enterprise Architecture team sits across all areas of the business from Savings to Mortgages to Commercial Lending to Finance and Reporting. They are a forward-looking team, working with colleagues to identify future changes and improvements to our banking platform.
As an Associate Data Architect your work links the business mission, strategy and processes of Atom to its data strategy, and you’ll document this using multiple architectural models that show how Atom transitions from its current data state to meet the future needs of the organisation in a sustainable and adaptable manner.
You’ll partner with business and technical teams to craft highly scalable, flexible, and resilient solutions that address customer use cases and as part of this, so you’ll communicate approaches effectively to key stakeholders, so you’ll need to be a clear communicator.
This role would suit someone who is willing to learn about the latest and greatest data tools & techniques as you’ll produce innovative designs and roadmaps whilst balancing delivery of early business value with strategic progression.
- Investigate and contribute to the future data architecture state and underlying infrastructure
- Investigate and contribute to the vision, strategy and principles for data management
- Assist with defining standards to support the full end to end data lifecycle within the Atom Enterprise
- Contribute to data elements of project and programme solution designs
- Participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment into various environments
- Assist with the liaison between data consumer representatives and data solution development, integration and governance teams
- Learn how data is, or will be, used and the implication on people, process, products and technology
- Learn and share best-practice knowledge amongst the architecture community
What do we need from you?
- Willing to learn about the latest Data Architecture and Engineering tools & techniques including Data Intensive Distributed Systems, Big Data, Data Mesh & Data Streams
- Desire to gain hands-on experience in design, development and deployment of data solutions and the integration of new technologies as they develop
- Knowledge of Data Modelling, ETL development and Database/Data Warehousing, Structured and Unstructured data
- Experience with either relational SQL or analytics databases, such as Postgres, Cassandra & BigQuery
- A mixture of SQL and No-SQL technology experience and how these different approaches combine together
- An awareness of how data can be used to drive operational and strategic decisions
- Good analytical, decision making and problem-solving skills
- An awareness of Data Governance practices.
- Comfortable communicating effectively across internal and external organization
What’s in it for you?
- 4 Day Working Week
- Flexible/hybrid working
- Annual Share Option – performance related
- Incredibly generous company pension scheme (maximum of 13% of Atom input – candidate can put in more)
- ‘All About Me’ fund: £200 per year to spend on personal development
- 22.5 days holidays + 8 statutory days (rising by half a day with every 2 years in the company)
- Private Medical Insurance for you and full family
- Health Cash Plan – expenses paid on Optical/Dental/other appointments/treatments
- Life Insurance – 4 times annual salary
- Critical illness cover – 1 x lump sum annual salary
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Continuous development – professional qualifications
PLEASE NOTE: You must have the legal right to work in the UK to apply for this role as Atom Bank are unable to support Visa Applications/Sponsorship
Atom is an equal opportunities employer. We value you as an individual and therefore disregard race, religion/belief, gender, sexual orientation, maternity/pregnancy, age, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership and disability in any hiring decisions we make. Atom will always adhere to the Equality Act 2010.
All roles within Atom must adhere to the Conduct Rules as set out by the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
As part of Atom bank’s commitment to the FCA’s Consumer Duty, Atom will, take all reasonable steps to avoid causing foreseeable harm to customers, take all reasonable steps to enable customers to pursue their financial objectives and act in good faith.