As an Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Analyst, you'll join our Legal & Compliance Team helping understand the risks posed by our customers at onboarding and throughout the lifecycle. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, inquisitive individual with a background in AML compliance, who is extremely customer focused and enjoys solving problems.
- Partner and communicate with team members across the organization and external partners to gather information and develop comprehensive investigations.
- Act as a front-line resource for the business groups and escalation point regarding suspicious activity and AML matters
- Ensure customers are compliant with the laws and regulations to satisfy Bolt's obligations to the appropriate regulatory authorities.
- Conduct KYC onboarding of customers, reviewing client documentation/information for sufficiency, accuracy and legitimacy.
- Conduct EDD reviews of high risk to determine the AML/sanctions risk posed to Bolt by the customer and make recommendations on whether to retain high risk customers while achieving Bolt's mission.
- Identify red flags, suspicious activity, investigate patterns / typologies and work on appropriate solutions.
- Perform AML Risk Assessments.
- Perform AML investigations by reviewing and analyzing financial transactions and customer data.
- Prepare reports that clearly describe transaction details, analysis, and investigation findings with supporting documentation.
- Review and analyze transactions utilizing internal and external systems and tools.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent (CAMS certification or equivalent), relevant work experience; 3 or more years of fintech / financial experience in the compliance, suspicious activity investigations and analysis / BSA/AML or Sanctions Screening (OFAC) disciplines
- A comprehensive understanding of regulations and AML/BSA/OFAC controls
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and communication (including presentations) skills, strong professional presence to support regular interactions with senior management
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Proficiency in Google Suite, Slack and Apple MacOS preferred.
Bolt’s committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcome applications from individuals from equity seeking groups such as women, radicalized/visible minorities, indigenous/aboriginal people, people with disabilities, people who identify in the LGBTQ+ community and others who reflect the diversity of Canadian society.