Open to candidates in the USA (CA, CT, FL, GA, MA, MD, NC, NJ, NY, OR, VA, and WA), United Kingdom and Canada (Ontario & British Columbia) only
Committed to making a difference, InDebted was founded to change the world of consumer debt recovery for good. We're disrupting a broken industry and creating a better way for businesses to recover debt - where the customer comes first.
We’re a global, digital first and customer-obsessed team of over 270 people, living and working across 11 different countries.
And we’ve also recently been named the AFR BOSS Best Place to Work! By focusing on the happiness and wellbeing of our people, we’ve created a truly flexible, purpose driven and engaging workplace. We’re all here with one shared vision - to remove barriers to financial freedom for all people.
About The Role:
Our data team at InDebted focus on developing data science models, deriving BI insights and leveraging other data driven approaches to accelerate our disruption of the traditional debt collection industry.
By utilising the rich datasets we have accumulated from communicating with our customers via digital-first channels and other innovations, we are able to efficiently deliver significantly better collections performance results compared to our peers.
As part of our Research and Development team, you will work along our Engineering, and Product teams to support both our internal teams as well as clients.
Reporting to the Head of Data, you’ll lead a team of data analysts located across Australia and Brazil in delivering value for the company using a range of data-driven approaches.
Whilst growing the capability of new and existing dashboards, processes, and providing value driven insights to key departments, you will also find ways to improve InDebted’s processes and data strategy.
Your excellent verbal and written communication skills will see you understand and explain complex concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences and in facilitating discussions and articulating the rationale behind your decisions.
This role is open remotely for candidates based anywhere in the East Coast of Australia due to the team time zone based in US-East (ET UTC-4) and Brazil (BST UTC-3).
What will you do day to day?
- Manage a team of data analysts and mentor junior team members in their work
- Work closely with key stakeholders to understand business requirements and execute data analytics projects and tasks
- Create and maintain Tableau reports according to the needs of internal teamsImplement and maintain custom client reporting processes
- Perform ad-hoc data requests as requested by clients and the broader business
- Using analytical techniques, generate and provide insights to the broader business for reporting, decision making and resource allocation
- Utilise tools such as CloverDX to develop and implement data automation processes to improve company-wide operational efficiency
- Experience working in a data analytics or related field
- Strong analytical skills and good attention to detail
- Experience in managing inbound requests (ticket system)
- Strong knowledge of and experience with relational databases, SQL and Python
- Exposure to Amazon Web Services (or similar cloud service)
- Experience developing dashboards using BI tools such as Tableau
- Exposure to data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- SQL, Python, Tableau, Postgres, Snowflake, Go, AWS, Sagemaker, S3, Glue, Athena, GitHub, CloverDX
At InDebted, you get a lot more than just a highly rewarding and exciting career, we also offer:
4DWW - Not a compressed working week, but actually work 4 days, be paid for 5
Work wherever - We’re a global team working in flexible locations - choose to work from home, in a co-working space, a bit of both, or see where the role takes you
Employee equity- Access to share options in something big
Flexible paid leave- We offer a trust based leave model - choose when you take leave, how much you take, and what you take it for
Remote Work Stipend - A quarterly budget to spend on the items you need to create a working environment that supports your success and productivity
Uprise - Our EAP Provider supports your physical, social & psychological wellbeing
At InDebted, we respect and celebrate the unique attributes, characteristics, and perspectives that make each person who they are. We also believe that bringing diverse individuals together allows us to build better products and a better overall company. InDebted is an Equal Opportunity Employer.