Administrative Coordinator / Learning Advisor
Posted 2 months ago
CodeCombat is looking for a remote Administrative Coordinator/Learning Advisor to focus on CodeCombat Online Classes, acting as a main point of contact for customers while assisting with the administration of group and private lessons. If you have experience supporting a busy org in a customer-facing role, we want to hear from you!
This is a fully remote, part-time contractor role estimated at 20 hours per week. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply regardless of direct experience as an administrator or learning advisor.
What You'll Do
- Provide a delightful and seamless booking experience for parents/guardians (and occasionally students) with next-level customer service
- Triage and respond to customer questions and scheduling requests via email, live chat, and phone
- Enroll students in virtual live online classes based on experience level, teacher preference, and availability
- Facilitate teacher-to-student communication
- Collaborate with instructors, Education team, and Operations team to identify and solve customer pain points
- Craft customer-facing emails, text reminders, and teacher bios
- Ideate & craft new workflows in support of the Online Classes function
- Tackle complex scheduling requirements
Who You Are
- Direct experience working independently in a customer-facing role
- Strong familiarity and hands-on experience using Google Workspace applications (Google Drive, Docs, Sheets) and Excel
- Demonstrated aptitude to quickly learn additional tech stack programs like CRMs, scheduling systems, email platforms and work management systems
- Prior experience implementing process improvements in support of organization and efficiency
- Excellent customer service skills with experience navigating challenging conversations with customers and a clear approach to conflict resolution
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new terminology and relay these talking points to the customer as to instill confidence as an expert
- Prior experience collaborating with multiple stakeholders and team members in a 100% remote capacity
- Able to provide examples showcasing strength with written and verbal communication
- Demonstrated ability to be detail-oriented, deadline-driven and ultimately resourceful
- Weekend availability a plus
Who We Are
CodeCombat is building a new way for K-12 students and at-home learners to learn how to code, using real programming languages to explore adventure games. Students learn how to write functions to control their hero avatars, implement puzzle-solving strategies, and code their own games. We are committed to researching, experimenting, and iterating new ways to marry education with fun for students worldwide.
We are a small, determined, and tight-knit startup dedicated to providing an enjoyable, meaningful place to work. Team members pursue a healthy work/life balance with flexible working hours. All of our team members work remotely from all around the world, with concentrations in San Francisco and Beijing.
Our work is purposeful.
We bring our personal best every day, because our game-based learning can be life-changing for young people.
Strength comes from interdependence.
We recognize that each of us is central to the mission of CodeCombat. We know our differences create strength and resilience. We engage one another with respect for who we are, not only what we do. We create community with intention, because we need each other–and because it's fun.
Kind, not just "nice".
We don't let fear of not being "nice" get in the way of the direct communication that underpins healthy relationships. We build strong connections through honest dialogue, even when the conversations are difficult.
Structure can be liberating.
Transparent processes let us focus on making the right decisions–and they create channels for diverse voices to speak. Eliminate information silos and shadow structures; create known communication channels and clear responsibilities.
We can operate at any speed.
We're thoughtful about how fast we go. We pay attention when the lights change. Sometimes we walk.
Learning and growth go hand-in-hand.
Every experience is an opportunity to learn, and our team is growing every day. When we think we know it all, it means we have more to learn.
CodeCombat is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Please include a short cover letter with your application.