Administrative Assistant - Fully remote, part-time
Posted 6 days ago
About Dataquest 🚀
Dataquest is an online learning platform that teaches technical skills in an applied format. We are passionate about supporting learners as they start and advance technical careers. 97% of our learners recommend Dataquest for career progress.
We often think it's the student's responsibility to stay motivated and the course's responsibility to provide content. If you don't learn from a course, it's your fault. The attitude was that learning is your responsibility, and if you didn't, it is your fault is why education regularly fails. There isn't enough focus on making learning interesting or teaching practical applications.
Effective online education is informative and motivating. If you're motivated enough, you can learn and achieve anything. At Dataquest, we focus on building a motivational and engaging learning experience by focusing on a few key elements:
Proven paths that remove the guesswork about which skills employers want.
An applied teaching approach with meaningful projects that get you quickly working on real-world challenges.
- 1:1 guidance to help you stay motivated and quickly address misunderstandings.
Job purpose and overview
The Administrative Assistant will execute various administrative tasks at a high level and ensure Dataquest's smooth operation. They will assist with Finance, Marketing, People Operations, and Sales tasks.
The ideal candidate will have at least three years of experience in an administrative role, proficiency in Excel, excellent organizational and communication skills, the ability to deliver high-quality work with little oversight, and strong attention to detail.
This part-time role requires 25 hours per week and reports to the Director of Operations.
- Operations administration:
- Payroll and benefits (health and 401k) administration
- HR records administration
- Bookkeeping support (accounts payable, monthly expense categorization, revenue recognition)
- Maintain monthly reporting
- Vendor access management
- State tax administration
- Scheduling (team meetings, company holidays)
- Create and publish company meeting agendas
- Coordinate event and travel support
- Marketing support :
- Complete assigned administrative tasks
- List management
- Data entry
- Sales support:
- Coordinate invoicing and collections
- Accounting and payroll: 50%
- Operations administration: 25%
- Marketing and Sales Assistance: 25%
- 3+ years of experience as an administrative assistant
- Ability to run processes consistently and follow existing procedures
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, including managing internal and external stakeholders
- Advanced English skills and strong written communication skills
- Tech savvy - can navigate systems independently
- Proficiency using Excel or Google Sheets
- Independent, able to manage time efficiently and make prioritization decisions
- General finance and operations experience, including using Quickbooks and payroll systems
Put learners first. We’re not just building another learning site. We’re building the site that gets the best outcomes for learners. We do whatever it takes to help learners reach their goals.
Own your results. We’re driven to set ambitious, measurable goals and exceed them. We own our outcomes, good or bad.
Learn from mistakes. We don’t succeed with everything we do. And that’s okay - we must take risks to reach our goals. When we don’t succeed, we learn and refocus how to improve.
Do a few things well. We build high-quality experiences for our learners. To succeed, we must prioritize by saying no to many promising ideas. We’d rather do one thing well than several things poorly.
We’re better together. We believe that collaboration and communication are how we build something truly great. We’re better together than individually.
The hourly rate for this role is between $25 and $35 USD. Dataquest uses an equitable compensation model based on the market rate, location, and experience to determine final salary. You will also get:
50 hours of paid time off
- 4 paid company holidays
Who can apply
Dataquest is a fully remote company, and we are open to applications worldwide.
Future US-based Employees must reside in California, Colorado, Florida, Massachusetts, Nevada, Tennessee, Texas, or Washington DC.
We cannot offer jobs to people in the following places: Afghanistan, Burundi, Central African Republic, Congo Republic, Cuba, Crimea, Democratic Republic of Congo, Eritrea, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Iran, Iraq, Liberia, Libya, Myanmar, North Korea. Papua New Guinea, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Syria, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Yemen, Zimbabwe
Company at a Glance
Founded in 2015, CEO Vikas Paruchuri
100% Remote, headquarters in the US
Team size: 20
- An online learning platform that teaches data analysis, machine learning, and programming skills