Only considering candidates who are eligible to work in Europe or Africa ⚠️
About the company
Meilisearch is on a mission to help developers create great search experiences. We want to make it easy to find anything anywhere by providing a Rust-based search engine with a focus on usability and intuitive API design.
We are a fully open-source company: from our search engine, to our design specifications, to our official SDKs and libraries, everything we do is public, transparent, and made in collaboration with our vibrant community.
Founded in 2018, Meilisearch is headquartered in Paris. We completed a $15 million round of funding in September 2022, and are backed by leading international investors Felicis Ventures, CRV, LocalGlobe, Mango Capital, Seedcamp, and Vercel CEO Guillermo Rauch.
We are a team of 33 passionate people and our project is growing fast. We have been developing our OSS search engine product since 2018, and have publicly monetized our Cloud offer for a few months 🎉 We are looking for our first Account Executive to help us drive sales, revenue growth and engage with our customers.
About the team
You will directly report to Thomas, our COO and co-founder.
You will play a crucial role in growing our sales activity from the ground up and shaping our sales processes!
Collaborating with Quentin, co-founder and CEO, Ferdinand, Head of Developer Relations, and Maya, Product Marketing Manager, you will make significant contributions to building Meilisearch into a successful business and solidifying our position in the market.
We are looking for a versatile Account Executive who will thrive in a hybrid role combining both pre-sales and post-sales responsibilities. You will be responsible for prospecting and qualifying leads, building a robust sales pipeline, and proactively discovering why customers choose Meilisearch Cloud and what they like about it.
To know more about the rest of Meili people, check out this page.
What you’ll be doing
As an Account Executive, your role will include:
➤ Sales process management & pipeline development
- Manage the entire sales process from lead generation to deal finalization.
- Build a sales pipeline by conducting prospecting activities to identify and qualify potential leads.
- Engage with prospects and users within our extensive open-source community to comprehend their needs and demonstrate the value of Meilisearch Cloud in addressing their search-related challenges.
➤ Collaboration with Marketing teams
- Work closely with Product Management to provide valuable field insights based on prospect and customer feedback.
- Collaborate with Product Marketing and Developer Marketing teams to drive business growth and support the achievement of sales targets.
➤ Strategic market insights
- Contribute insight to maintain up-to-date knowledge of Meilisearch Cloud and its competitive landscape.
- Actively contribute to the voice of market study.
- Contribute insight to help refine the ideal customer profile
Our ideal profile - Hard skills
- Minimum 3 years of experience as an account executive, account manager, or sales engineer in a tech-related field.
- You demonstrated experience working with and selling to tech professionals and developers.
- You possess strong communication and presentation skills, delivering technical presentations and live demonstrations to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- You have a proven track record of achieving sales targets and driving revenue growth.
- You have experience building and managing pipelines, along with a solid understanding of CRM systems, sales cycle stages, and knowledge of various sales methodologies.
- You have a knack for administrative tasks, allowing you to organize and maintain sales-related documentation and data efficiently.
- Nice to Have:
- A tech background and familiarity with search engine software are a big plus.
- Fluency in additional languages in addition to English.
- Familiarity with other search engine software.
- Acquaintance with the US and European markets
Our ideal profile - Soft skills
- Your fit with our team is as important to us as your technical background, if not more so. We are looking for someone with these important soft skills:
- You have a proactive approach to problem-solving, identifying improvement areas and demonstrating a growth mindset.
- You can adapt to changing priorities, adjusting strategies and approaches as needed.
- You process a strong aptitude for building things from scratch.
- You enjoy teamwork while valuing the opportunity to work independently and take full ownership of your areas of responsibility.
1. Screening interview (45min) : If your profile fits, our Talent Acquisition Manager will contact you for a video call to get to know you a bit better (who you are, your background & ambitions, company culture & company ambition). If it doesn't fit you will get an email from us.
2. Hiring Manager interview (1h) : you will meet your future manager and a team member. They will assess your technical fit with the role and ask you questions about your working methods.
3. Technical Assessment. We will ask you to complete an assignment and will schedule 45 min to debrief, to evaluate your skills and give you a better idea of what working at Meilisearch could be like.
4. Team-fit interview (1h) You will meet one or two people from teams you will engage with every day, to speak about your experience, and skillset and to assess your fit with Meilisearch values.
5. Reference check. At the same time, we will conduct a reference check with 2 people of your choosing, who you are working with or have worked with the past.
Why you'll enjoy working with us
- Permanent full-time contract,
- Stock options,
- We are open to fully remote applications, as long as you are between GMT-4 and GMT+5 time zones,
- 4 day work week & flexible working hours,
- If you’re working from home, we will provide either a stipend for you to equip yourself, or an access to Fleex (Europe). We also reimburse up to 500 EUR / month for your co working expenses,
- Access to a mental health platform ( moka.care) + 6 sessions with a coach/trained therapist,
- We support physical health and provide either a membership or a stipend for your sports activities each month,
- 3 months paid parental leave,
- 6 weeks paid time off,
- Management training to freshly hired and newly appointed managers,
- We all get together at least once a year for a company offsite.
Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend not to apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! We strive to develop an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our open-source community. We strongly encourage you to apply!