Only considering candidates who are eligible to work in London, UK ⚠️
Account Director: Client Services Team
The Social Element:
Hello! We are a leading global independent full service social media agency, founded 21 years ago. Our 260+ team members look after some of the world’s largest brands (Visa, Nissan, Sony, Dr Pepper). We pride ourselves on our ability to build strong relationships with our clients enabling us to be the voice of their brand on Social.
We believe that brand growth, trust and loyalty is driven through Genuine Human Connection and that social media presents the best opportunity for brands to engage emotionally with their audience.
We are headquartered in London and have a global footprint with subsidiaries in North America, Australia, and Spain and have an exciting opportunity for an Account Director to join our Client Services team ♥️
Is this you? 👊
You are a dynamic, enthusiastic, and experienced Account Director looking for your next role. You love big brands and working across multiple markets. You pride yourself on the strong relationships you have built with former clients and fellow agency team members.
You’ve learned that being an incredible Account person requires you to think 5 steps ahead of your clients, and that proactivity is key. You love to understand and get under the skin of your clients' business and challenges. You are excited about the prospect of enabling them to smash their objectives by harnessing the power of Social to create genuine human connections with their audience.
Sound like you? We’d love to talk to you about this position!
This is a full-time permanent position based from home with travel into London two days a week so the ideal candidate will be based in London or the surrounding area.
What You’ll Do 📅
As our new Account Director you will support the Client Services Director by helping them shape how we approach our existing client relationships. In this position you will embed yourself in the world of your clients, understand their objectives and unlock new opportunities so we are able to support our clients' social ecosystem. In addition you will be at the forefront of our current growth and redevelopment plans so as the Account Director, you will be a champion for the future of the agency and a cultural talisman of how great we are and can be at The Social Element.
- Build strong client relationships: You’ll maintain and achieve growth on existing accounts, driving client satisfaction through actions to improve their business. You will know the clients’ brands inside out, their business objectives and priorities.
- Spot opportunities for account growth: You'll proactively identify areas of opportunity to grow accounts and drive revenue with both our existing services and brand new services in the agency.
- Be excited by great work: You’ll ensure that great strategy and ideas happen by supporting the client throughout the process, starting with writing and getting sign off on brilliant briefs.
- Lead on account planning & profitability: You'll have a key role in informing and developing annual scopes of work, quarterly business and account reviews. You’ll anticipate and understand client needs and workflow to ensure work is delivered on time and budget.
- Confident & clear communicator: You’ll articulate strong viewpoints informed by an understanding of the agency and your clients business, but also with the ability to handle uncomfortable conversations with grace and positive intent.
About You 👇
- A Chameleon: You're adaptable when it comes to approaching clients with ideas and solutions. Adept in front of senior stakeholders where your positivity and professionalism speaks volumes.
- Solutions-oriented: ability to identify red flags and recommend proactive solutions to mitigate any risk.
- Passionate: you are passionate about results and demonstrating a strong ROI for our clients.
- Outstanding communicator: you have the ability to present, sell ideas, develop presentations, POVs, provide thought leadership and drive innovation.
- Confidence and gravitas: As a great communicator, collaborator and negotiator you inspire confidence with everyone you work with. Articulate and persuasive when communicating work and ideas.
- Social savvy: You are expert in advising clients’ of best practices within Social and understanding the latest trends. You know how to build brands and are confident in your knowledge of the different marketing principles and disciplines.
- Continuously learning you love being the expert in the room and are continuously looking for ways to expand your knowledge.
- Proven experience of working as an Account Director within a marketing/creative agency account management team, leading accounts for high-profile brands
- Proven experience within Social- managing and delivering Social campaigns.
- Proven experience in account forecasting, team training and client issue resolution.
- Proven commercial success by maintaining account profitability and achieving organic growth.
- Previous experience in managing large accounts with minimal supervision, ideally managing multiple markets.
- Excellent organisational skills, including attention to detail and accuracy
Please note these benefits are for UK based employees on
*� Remote working (with occasional travel)
*�️ 36 days of holiday(including the bank holidays)
*� Birthday off
✨ Annual Occasion Day off for an important event (eg moving house, getting married)
❤️ 1 Volunteer day off
*� Flexible Fridays(Working half day)
*� Eye care: Contributions towards eye tests and glasses
*� Enhanced sick pay: 4 weeks full pay, 4 weeks half pay
*� Enhanced family friendly policies
*� Career Break: After 1 year's service, can take between 4 weeks and 1 year unpaid leave.
*� EAP scheme and wellbeing support
*�️ Access to our discounts website
The Hiring Process
The hiring process for this position will be made up of the two following stages:
🤝 Initial Call with one of Talent Team (Virtual)
✨ First Interview with Client Services Director and Deputy Director of Project Management (Virtual)
🧑🤝🧑 Final Interview (with small presentation) with EU Managing Director & Client Services Director (Face to Face)
The Social Element Values
Work according to the company values
Do it Well 💪
Be One Team 🧑🤝🧑
Do the Right Thing ✔️
Keep Pioneering 💡
Make Them Smile 😃
Our Diversity, Equality & Inclusion Commitment
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Our recruitment process is fair, transparent and based on merit, skill and experience related to the role. We welcome applications from diverse and under-represented groups regardless of their background.
We value having divergent thinkers who bring various experiences and viewpoints to the table at The Social Element. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented groups to apply.
We are also able to make reasonable adjustments throughout the full recruitment process so we invite you to identify any additional support that you may require to ensure you are supported throughout the full process.
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates, so even if you feel you don’t fulfil all the requirements, we encourage you to still apply — we’d love to hear from you! 🙂
To request any reasonable adjustments or support throughout the hiring process, please contact our Talent Team at talent_[email protected].