Only considering candidates who are eligible to work in the USA ⚠️
The Social Element:
Hello! We are a leading global independent full service social media agency, founded 21 years ago. Our 260+ team members look after some of the world’s largest brands (Mondelez, Diageo, Dr Pepper). We pride ourselves on our ability to build strong relationships with our clients enabling us to be the voice of their brand on Social.
We believe that brand growth, trust and loyalty is driven through Genuine Human Connection and that social media presents the best opportunity for brands to engage emotionally with their audience.
Client Services Function: 🧑🤝🧑
As the ultimate relationship brokers, it’s our job to create partnerships internally and externally, mine for opportunities that could benefit from creative problem-solving, and ensure that the agency’s service offering remains competitive and profitable.
We are tasked with leading our clients to do the best work of their lives while leading the team to live their best lives. It’s a balancing act that takes complete passion for this industry, and a willingness to go all-in, mess up, and try again.
Is this you? 👊
You are a dynamic, enthusiastic and experienced Account Director who is proud of the strong relationships you have built with former clients and fellow agency team members.
You’ve learned that being an incredible Account person requires you to think 5 steps ahead of your clients, and that proactivity is key. You love to understand and get under the skin of your clients’ business and challenges. You have energy for days, and you love building trustworthy connections with your team, and with your clients.
As our next Account Director, you’re a seasoned pro that has been through the ups and downs of agency life, and you have grown stronger from it. Now you’re able to utilise that experience to help manage some of our biggest client accounts such as Mondelēz, Peloton, Diageo, and Keurig Dr Pepper. You thrive in a lively environment, love learning, and wear your passion for the client on your sleeve.
Sound like you? We’d love to talk to you about this position!
What You’ll Do 📅
The Account Director will be responsible for establishing, maintaining, and growing strong client relationships. This responsibility includes maintaining stable client relationships and achieving growth on existing accounts. In addition to this you will have a strong presence in new client pitches where you are able to bring confidence and gravitas to the price meetings to help us showcase The Social Element and why clients chose to partner with us.
- Build Strong Client Relationships: You’ll maintain and achieve growth on existing accounts, driving client satisfaction at every touch point, and engaging in meaningful discussions with clients and partners to take actions to improve the business.
- Spot opportunities for account growth: You’ll proactively identify areas of opportunity to grow accounts and drive revenue.
- Lead on account planning and profitability: You’ll play a key role in leading and developing annual scopes of work, yearly planning, quarterly business reviews and account reviews. You’ll think critically to anticipate and understand client needs and workflow to ensure work is delivered on time and within budget.
- Confident and Clear communicator: You’ll form and articulate strong points of view informed by a confident understanding of the business and landscape of your clients. You’ll exude calm under pressure, turning obstacles into wins, and handle uncomfortable conversations with grace and positive intent.
About You 👇
- A Chameleon:
- Adaptable when it comes to approaching clients with ideas and solutions and have a high level of comfortability in front of senior stakeholders where you are seen as having an outstanding attitude and your positivity speaks volumes in professional meetings.
- Ability to think big picture one minute and get into the weeds the next
- Have worked on highly ambitious, nimble teams and can stretch to fill any need — rolling up your sleeves to get the work done doesn’t bother you
- Solutions Oriented:
- Ability to identify any red flags and recommend proactive solutions to mitigate any risk.
- Passionate about results and demonstrating a strong ROI for our clients.
- Outstanding Communicator:
- Ability to present, sell ideas, develop presentations, POVs, provide thought leadership and drive innovation for the business.
- Confidence and Gravitas
- Great communicator, collaborator and negotiator. Inspiring confidence with everyone you work with. Articulate and persuasive when communicating work and ideas.
- Marketing savvy:
- Expert in advising clients’ of best practices within Social and understanding the latest trends. A keen interest in social media and how brands can use it to reach consumers. Experience and knowledge of best practices in managing social networks such as: Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, Snapchat etc. Demonstrate a passion for digital and social trends within the industry by bringing consistent knowledge of both client opportunities and “what to avoid” to the team
- Continuously learning:
- Love being the expert in the room and are continuously looking for ways to expand your knowledge.
- Proven experience of working as an Account Director within a marketing/creative agency account management team, leading accounts for high-profile brands
- Proven experience within Social- managing and delivering Social campaigns..
- Proven experience in account forecasting, team training and client issue resolution.
- Proven commercial success by maintaining account profitability and achieving organic growth.
- Previous experience in managing large accounts with minimal supervision
Please note these benefits are applicable to US employees only
🏠 100% Remote working
🌞 36 days of holiday (including the bank holidays)
🎂 Birthday off
🐕🦺 Annual Occasion Day off for an important event
🙏 1 Volunteer day off
😷 Paid Sick time off
⚕️ Group Insurance Medical plans with generous employer contribution, including one plan that is employer covered
🤓 Dental and Vision plans
🏦 FSA & HSA Options, with employer contribution to HSA on select plans
👴🏽👵 401k with employer matching
🌡️ Employer Paid Long-Term/Short-Term Disability
🧑🤝🧑 Enhanced family friendly policies
😴 Career Break: After 1 year's service, can take between 4 weeks and 1 year unpaid leave.
👩⚕️ Wellbeing Support
🏖️ Flexible Fridays (Working half day)
The Hiring Process
The hiring process for this position will be made up of the following stages:
🤝 Initial Call with one of our Talent Team Members
🧑 First Interview with Managing Director and a Key Team Member
🧑🤝🧑 Final Interview with CEO and a Key Team Member
✔️ Pre-hire Reference Check(this will be from past not current employers)
The Social Element Values
Work according to the company values
Do it Well �*
Be One Team 🧑🤝�*
Do the Right Thing ✔️
Keep Pioneering �*
Make Them Smile �*
Our Diversity, Equality & Inclusion Commitment
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Our recruitment process is fair, transparent and based on merit, skill and experience related to the role. We welcome applications from diverse and under-represented groups regardless of their background.
We value having divergent thinkers who bring various experiences and viewpoints to the table at The Social Element. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented groups to apply.
We are also able to make reasonable adjustments throughout the full recruitment process so we invite you to identify any additional support that you may require to ensure you are supported throughout the full process.
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates, so even if you feel you don’t fulfil all the requirements, we encourage you to still apply — we’d love to hear from you! 🙂