Wildbit is the team behind Postmark, Beanstalk, DMARC Digests, and People-First Jobs.
We’re a small software company that believes business should be human. Right now, we’re focused on Beanstalk, Postmark, DMARC Digests, and People-First Jobs.
If you’ve ever wondered what it’s like to build and grow products for yourself, this is the place. We use our own services every day to be more productive in our work.
We’re a close-knit team, even though we’re remote-first and spread from California to Egypt. We’re team-centric, profitable, and sustainable for the long run. We take our work seriously and value quiet time, beautiful design, and clean code. Of course, we also have a lot of fun.
Be self-motivated, but team-oriented. We inspire one another by taking initiative. We work independently, but not in isolation. We count on our teammates to help us grow, and support their growth in turn. We’re proud of what we accomplish together.
Be guided by purpose (not process or practice). As a team, we work with intent. We ask until we understand why. We don’t use best practices unless they’re best for us. We treat process as a tool, never hesitating to adjust if there’s a better way to achieve our goals. We aren’t afraid to move on from things that no longer serve us—and we don’t trade long-term impact for short-term gain.
Celebrate every opportunity to learn. We know our stuff, and love that there’s always more to know! We’re not afraid to take calculated risks, and welcome what we learn regardless of the outcome. We encourage iteration, and are energized by every chance to improve.
Stay calm and keep perspective. We’re grounded, practical, and pragmatic. We recognize that most things are not fire drills. We make decisions thoughtfully and deliberately, instead of reacting impulsively—especially when the stakes are high.
Help one another do good. We’re all here to have a positive impact on the world around us. We help each other achieve our best by practicing empathy; staying humble; communicating thoughtfully; and acting with respect. Our trust in one another is freely given—because it’s continuously earned.
- So you know what to expect, this is the structure of our interview process. It is conducted entirely remotely, via email and Zoom audio and video.
- Call with the hiring manager (45m) - Purpose: Get to know each other, and assess for mutual fit
- Asynchronous technical assignment (~2h) - Purpose: Understand the thought process around your problem solving, as well as how you synthesize written information
- Assignment review (45m) - Purpose: A working session to dig deeper into the details of your technical assignment, and how you collaborate
- Final interview (3h, all at once, or split across days — your choice) - Purpose: Meet other engineers you will be working with, and have in-depth conversations about building software, working with a team, and decision making.
- Founder call (45m) - Purpose: Meet our CEO, Natalie Nagele, to learn more about where we're headed as a company