Creative-fueled, future-driven, independent game studio. In 2022, we announced that our studio is implementing a four-day work week (32hrs) as well as supporting in-studio, remote, and hybrid work arrangements as permanent options to our employees.
What we do
Blackbird Interactive is a creative-fueled, future-driven, independent game studio where the best talent in the industry can find long-term careers to help grow their abilities while working on a wide range of projects, which encompass world-class IPs as well as our own creations across multiple genres.
We are behind such games as
- Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak
- Hardspace: Shipbreaker
- Homeworld 3
- Minecraft Legends
- Crossfire: Legion
- And more
Who we are
Founded by Rob Cunningham, Yossarian King, and Aaron Kambeitz in 2010, the award-winning Vancouver studio boast its own internal CG cinematics department, led by the founder of Pixar Canada, and has also been involved in various game-adjacent projects over the years - such as Project Eagle with the NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory, and other initiatives with the eatART Foundation and Sanctuary AI.
BBI was listed among the fastest growing Canadian companies by revenue in 2020 and 2021 by The Globe and Mail and Deloitte.
We take a lot of pride in the awesome benefits and perks we’re able to offer our employees, and we’re always on the lookout for more. Work-life balance is a huge priority for us, and these benefits and perks are just one of the ways we express that.
- 4-day, 32-hour work week for all full-time staff
- Mentorship program
- Skunkworks internal game jam program
- 4 weeks paid vacation per year
- 11 paid stat holidays
- 3 paid days per year for professional development
- December holiday studio closure (extra paid time off!)
- Comprehensive health/dental benefits from day 1
- Life insurance
- $300 Healthcare Spending Account per annum
- RRSP matching up to $1500
- Profit-sharing bonus program